Looking for some tips on how to prepare fresh healthy meals quickly and easily? I know I can always use more ideas!
Today's families are busy. That might even be a bit of an understatement, am I right? 🙂 I don't know of one family that doesn't run around on the weeknights and even all weekend with sports practices, music lessons, church activities, and all kinds of errands. It is a little nuts! We probably should try to cut back a bit, but it is tough when there are just so many things to do.
Many families, mine included, need to resort to fast food and takeout on days when they are running around and don't have time to cook. We all know that isn't ideal, since that food is typically high in calories and low in nutrition.
Sure, they have some healthier options at the fast food joints now, which is great, but I have to confess that my kids never want the apple slices, they always want the French fries. (Ugh!)
So, a few years ago, I decided that I needed to cook fresh meals for my family just about every night. Since then, we actually have stopped eating fast food altogether.
However, it was not all that easy to get into the habit of cooking every night. I had to establish some routines, like regular meal planning (check out my free printable dinner planner for an easy planning system!) and food shopping. And even with that, I still struggle sometimes with finding the time and energy to cook a whole meal every night.
Often, I am OK with making an entree, but then trying to coordinate a veggie side dish is just too much of a stretch for this tired mom. As a result, I usually just end up steaming some broccoli or cauliflower or green beans. Those are great options, but I know the kids get tired of steamed veggies all the time!
That's why I LOVE these Nourish Bowls from Mann. I don't have to think, or plan, or pull together the ingredients to serve a delicious and nutritious veggie side dish for my family!
So far, we love the Sesame Sriracha and the Monterey Risotto Bowls, and we can't wait to try the other varieties. Each bowl contains fresh veggies, a grain, and a delicious sauce, ready to be heated up. You can have an amazing side dish on the table for your family in less than 4 minutes!
I am so excited to have these to work into my rotation now. They are just what I needed to change things up from the usual boring veggie dishes! They taste great, and they are introducing my kids to some produce that we don't often have, like kohlrabi and butternut squash.
Two of the bowls is plenty for a side dish for my family of four. I can combine two of the same variety to make sure we have enough, or I can choose two different ones to give the kids a choice!
Not only are these great for dinner side dishes, but they are perfect for a quick and healthy lunch for me.
Or, when the kids are having dinner elsewhere and DH is working late, I can just toss one of these bowls in the microwave for an easy but filling dinner for myself, with minimal prep and minimal cleanup. HEAVEN!
You have to check these out, as they are a great option for busy families, especially if they help you stay away from the fast food and takeout. It is well worth it to know that I am feeding my kids kale and snap peas and butternut squash instead of burgers and nuggets and fries!
ENTER THIS FUN GIVEAWAY!
Interested in trying the bowls? There is no better way to try them than to win them! There will be a Facebook live broadcast on the Sunday Supper page at 4pm ET on January 22nd. Our very own Isabel, aka Family Foodie, will be making one of her famous breakfast bowls using Nourish Bowls. At the end of the video, a winner will be selected from the comment section to win a prize pack from Nourish Bowls!
- Cooking for One with Mann’s Nourish Bowls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Easiest Southwest Chipotle Tacos by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Easy Curry Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Egg by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Gluten Free Family Dinner with Nourish Bowls by Cricket’s Confections
- Healthy Dinner Solutions for the Late-Shift by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Eating on the Go by Wholistic Woman
- How to Eat Like a Foodie and Stay Healthy by Go Epicurista
- How to Eat Well When You Don’t Feel Up To It by Monica’s Table
- How to Fit Veggies into a Jam-Packed Week with Nourish Bowls by Casa de Crews
- How To Prepare Fresh Healthy Meals In A Snap by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Keeping Fit with a Pesky Sweet Tooth by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monterey Risotto Enchiladas by Moore or Less Cooking
- Nourishing a Healthy Soul by Family Foodie
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon Over Cauli-Rice Curry by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sesame Sriracha Bowl with Kimchi Tofu by kimchi MOM
- Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp by Cooking Chat
- Smokehouse Steak Quiche by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Southwest Chipotle Tuna Bowls with Pico De Gallo by Simple and Savory
- Southwest Chipotle Grilled Chicken Bowl by The Chef Next Door
- Southwest Chipotle Pulled Pork Naan Bread Pizza by The Freshman Cook
Plus meet Gina Nucci, aka Gina Broccolini, one of the third generation family owners of Mann Packing - the creators of Nourish Bowls - in a Sunday Supper Movement Interview
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Nourish Bowls in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!