I have fresh mushrooms and spinach in the fridge almost all the time. They are so versatile since they can be served raw in a salad, or just by themselves with a side of dressing for dipping, or they can be quickly cooked up and easily seasoned. And, my kids like them!
I threw together this quick side dish tonight to supplement our make-your-own pizza night. Thing 2 especially needed the supplement, since his pizza consisted of dough, mozzarella cheese, and garlic salt (really??? ugh). But, I did say it was make-your-own pizza night, not make-the pizza-that-mom-wants-you-to-make night, so I had to live with it.
Thing 1, on the other hand, used his pizza dough to create another pizza packet. He at least used sauce, spinach, and mushrooms along with the cheese, so he was not in as dire need of some nutrition as Thing 2.
DH came home and ate some of both Thing 1 and Thing 2's creations. He also loved this side dish!
Mushrooms and Spinach with Parmesan and Paprika
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray (I used olive oil spray).
- Add the mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, until they just start to get soft.16 ounces fresh mushrooms
- Add the spinach and saute until the leaves are wilted and the mushrooms are soft.10 ounces fresh spinach
- Remove the spinach and mushrooms from the skillet, leaving as much of the liquid behind as possible.
- Add the paprika and toss to distribute. Taste and add more if desired.1 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.grated parmesan cheese
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
This post contains affiliate links. Check out our full disclosure here.