I have fresh mushrooms and spinach in the fridge almost all the time. They are so versatile since they can be served raw in a salad, or just by themselves with a side of dressing for dipping, or they can be quickly cooked up and easily seasoned. And, my kids like them!
I threw together this quick side dish tonight to supplement our make-your-own pizza night. Thing 2 especially needed the supplement, since his pizza consisted of dough, mozzarella cheese, and garlic salt (really??? ugh). But, I did say it was make-your-own pizza night, not make-the pizza-that-mom-wants-you-to-make night, so I had to live with it.
Thing 1, on the other hand, used his pizza dough to create another pizza packet (see original recipe for that here). He at least used sauce, spinach, and mushrooms along with the cheese, so he was not in as dire need of some nutrition as Thing 2.
DH came home and ate some of both Thing 1 and Thing 2’s creations. He also loved this side dish!
Mushrooms and Spinach with Parmesan and PaprikaPrint Recipe
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray (I used olive oil spray).
- Add the mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, until they just start to get soft.
- Add the spinach and saute until the leaves are wilted and the mushrooms are soft.
- Remove the spinach and mushrooms from the skillet, leaving as much of the liquid behind as possible.
- Add the paprika and toss to distribute. Taste and add more if desired.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.