Maureen's Microwave Hamburger Mac
Super-simple, super-delicious dish that parents and kids will love!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound ground beef (I used extra lean)
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (I used fiber-fortified)
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth (I used low-sodium)
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4-1/3 cup ketchup (vary amount depending on how sweet you like it)
- Cheese (shredded or slices-I used reduced-fat cheddar)
- Chili powder to taste (optional)
- Onion flakes to taste (optional)
Mix all the ingredients in a microwavable 9x9 dish or a large casserole dish.
Microwave (uncovered) for 8 minutes on high.
Stir really well and microwave on high for another 8-10 minutes (time may vary a bit, depending on your microwave) until liquid is mostly absorbed and the macaroni is soft.
Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving and cover with your favorite cheese (slices of American or shredded cheddar work well).
You can mix in a veggie if you want, such as peas or cut green beans!
Calories: 539kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 607mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1.5% | Vitamin C: 0.7% | Calcium: 4% | Iron: 18%