Strawberry Cream Truffles
These decadent and creamy chocolate covered treats are perfect for Christmas, Valentine's Day, or any day!
Prep Time10 mins
Chilling Time2 hrs
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 18 truffles
- 1 (8 ounce) package strawberry cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces red candy melts for decoration (optional)
Place the cream cheese in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer on high for about a minute. Add the strawberry extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power. Start with 1 minute, then stir, then microwave for an additional 15-30 seconds at a time until completely melted and smooth.
Add the white chocolate to the cream cheese and mix until combined.
Scoop the mixture with a spoon or a small cookie scoop and drop the balls onto wax paper.
Refrigerate until the truffle balls become firm, at least 1 hour.
Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips, using the same method as above.
Remove the truffle balls from the refrigerator, dip in the melted chocolate, and place back on the wax paper.
Refrigerate until hardened.
If desired, melt the red candy melts in the microwave, then drizzle over the chocolate covered truffles for a festive Valentine's Day treat!
- Strawberry extract can be tough to find. Yu can substitute another citrus-y extract if needed, as the strawberry cream cheese helps to keep the strawberry flavor.
- A double boiler can be handy for melting chocolate, however the microwave method works well, just be careful not to overdo it!
- Change up the colors of the drizzle or even add sprinkles to fit any holiday or special occasion!
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1.3mg