Succulent crab cakes spiced just right for kids and adults alike! Serve straight from the stove or place on a bun.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 16 ounces lump crab meat (1 can) (you can also use imitation crab, finely chopped)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay spice (or more - season to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter (or substitute)
- 6 hamburger buns (optional)
Combine crab, egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, Old Bay spice, lemon juice, onion powder and pepper.
Form mixture into 6 patties.
Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties until they are browned on each side, about 5 minutes per side.
Serve straight from the stove, or place on hamburger buns for crab cake sandwiches.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 174mg | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 6.3mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 0.8mg