Beef and Orzo Skillet Meal
If you like easy ground beef recipes you can make in one pan, you will love this hearty and delicious Beef and Orzo Skillet Meal!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 pound lean Certified Angus Beef® ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 14.5 oz beef broth (1 can)
- 3.5 oz pitted green olives (1 jar, drained and halved)
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese (set some aside for garnish if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
In a large skillet, start to brown the ground beef. When it is about halfway done, add the onion and garlic.
Spoon off excess fat, then add the broth, olives, feta cheese, pepper, and oregano. Bring to a boil.
Stir in the orzo pasta, and return to a simmer.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 12 minutes.
Add the spinach on top, the recover and let cook for another 5 minutes, so that the spinach wilts.
Stir in the spinach. Then add the chopped tomato and stir that in as well.
Serve with the reserved feta cheese sprinkled on top for garnish (optional)
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 958mg | Potassium: 595mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2445IU | Vitamin C: 12.8mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 3.5mg