Jalapeno Garlic Basil Pickles
Tangy, zesty, and crunchy pickles, easy to make and ready for snacking the very next day!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cucumbers (quartered (more or less depending on what fits in your jar))
- 10 jalapeno slices (use more if you like more kick; I used jarred jalapenos, note that fresh may provide more kick as well)
- handful of fresh basil leaves (I counted about 20 leaves of varying sizes in my handful)
Combine vinegar, water, sugar, coriander seeds, garlic, and salt in a sauce pan. Heat until the sugar dissolves (not until boiling), stirring periodically. Let cool completely.
Place some of the jalapeno slices and basil leaves in the jar. Stuff the cucumbers on top. Place the rest of the jalapenos and basil in between and on top of the cucumbers.
Pour the vinegar mixture into the jar, covering the cucumbers completely.
Store in the refrigerator for 12 hours before serving.
Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3% | Vitamin C: 6.7% | Calcium: 3.1% | Iron: 2.5%