Full of flavor and packed with veggie goodness, these fajita bowls are super-fun to eat and sure to please the whole family!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 bowls
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 ounces Recipe Ready Bird's Eye Tri-Color Pepper and Onion Blend (found in the frozen veggie section) (1 package)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces black beans (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 8 ounces chicken (cooked and diced)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 taco shells or tortilla bowls (click here, or see the link in NOTES for the recipe)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
Add pepper blend, corn, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and saute until veggies are thawed, about 3-4 minutes.
Add black beans and chicken and cook until entire mixture is heated.
Mix the cornstarch with about 2 teaspoons of water, then slowly add to mixture while stirring, to thicken the sauce.
Remove from heat, divide mixture among the 8 tortilla bowls (or use regular tortillas or taco shells).
Top with shredded cheese and serve!
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 432mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1690IU | Vitamin C: 65.3mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 8.7mg