Easy Homemade Gravy
Easy, delicious, and no meat drippings required!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
Add the onion and cook until it just starts to brown.
Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
Add in the broth and whisk until combined.
Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
Reduce heat to medium and stir in the half and half and salt and pepper.
- If you are serving a beef dinner, use beef broth. For turkey or chicken, use chicken broth.
- For the smoothest gravy, make sure to whisk continuously while adding the broth.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 7-8 days.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 45mg | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.2mg