Banana Cinnamon French Toast
You’re going to really love this classic Banana Cinnamon French Toast Recipe. Perfectly grilled until golden brown with crispy fried edges, this is a meal everyone loves!
- 2 slightly overripe medium bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 slices oatnut or oatmeal bread (or your favorite)
Place the bananas, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk in a blender.
Puree until everything is combined and the mixture is slightly frothy.
Pour into a bowl large enough to fit a piece of the bread.
Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and heat on medium-high.
Dip a slice of bread in the banana-egg mixture, coating it entirely.
Place on the skillet and repeat for as many slices will fit.
Cook each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Repeat process with the remaining bread and banana-egg mixture.
- Don't saturate the bread when dipping, just cover it with the custard mixture and then place it on an already hot skillet. You should hear a good sizzle!
- To keep the finished slices of French toast from getting soggy while you are cooking the rest, place them on a rack positioned on a baking sheet in the warm oven (heat it to the lowest setting).
- If you can't find oatmeal or oatnut bread, just use whatever bread you have on hand.
- Top with butter and/or pure maple syrup and serve with fresh fruit!
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 657mg | Potassium: 516mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 223mg | Iron: 4.9mg