Easy Cheesy Chilaquiles
The name says it all...easy and cheesy, this dish is like a Mexican lasagna!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 1 cup salsa (medium hot)
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 4 ounce can of chopped green chiles (do not drain)
- 1 14 ounce can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 3.8 ounce can sliced olives (drained)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 11 ounce bag of your favorite tortilla chips (I used a multi-grain variety with lower sodium counts)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- chopped cilantro (as desired)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Combine the salsa, tomato sauce, chiles, kidney beans, olives, and cumin in a large bowl.
Place half the sauce in the bottom of an 8 x 11.5 inch baking dish.
Add a layer of tortilla chips.
Spread the sour cream over the tortilla chips (I used my fingers to spread the sour cream somewhat evenly over the chips).
Distribute about 1/2 the cheese over the sour cream.
Add remaining tortilla chips, then distribute remaining sauce on top, then add final layer of remaining cheese.
Bake about 35 minutes.
Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 1596mg | Potassium: 657mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 16.7% | Vitamin C: 8.9% | Calcium: 46.1% | Iron: 19%