Easy Ground Turkey Broccoli Pasta Dinner
Super-easy, family-pleasing dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli.
Drain the broccoli and pasta and return to the pot. Cover and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat.
Add the turkey, paprika, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt.
Break the turkey into pieces, while cooking until browned. (see notes)
Add the turkey mixture, the remaining olive oil, and the fresh basil to the pasta pot
Mix until combined.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese when serving (or mix in just prior to serving).
- For extra fiber and nutrition, use a whole grain pasta.
- For an even leaner meal reduce the amount of olive oil to 2 tbsp, with 1 tbsp for browning the ground turkey and 1 additional tbsp later in the recipe.
- To be efficient with your time, start browning your turkey right after you get the pasta into the boiling water.
- Jarred minced garlic works great in this recipe and saves you the steps of peeling and mincing fresh garlic.
- Using a bag of pre-washed fresh broccoli florets saves you time as well, just make sure you go through and trim some of the larger florets.
- To use leftover cooked turkey, simply chop it into bite sized pieces. Hold off on adding it to the skillet until after the garlic and other spices are already heated and beginning to brown. Then add the turkey pieces and cook until they are warmed through.
Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 317mg | Potassium: 517mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 34.2mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg