About Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Hello and welcome!
I am so glad to have you visit! While you are here, make sure you check out my hundreds of tried-and-true recipes that I have served to my family, friends, and party guests. They are all easy to prepare, with minimal ingredients but tons of flavor.
Why 'Dizzy Busy and Hungry'? Well, I am a really busy working wife and mom of two teenage boys. My life feels like a whirlwind sometimes, and I am not just busy, but I am 'dizzy busy'! So the name just flowed from there.
Originally, I started recording my recipes here as an easy way to share them with the other moms at my corporate job. As time has gone on, and my library of recipes continues to grow, more and more readers stop by to find recipes they can prepare with just a few ingredients and a little prep.
About Kristin King
As a 'dizzy busy' wife and mom, I still strive to serve my family healthy, delicious food, even when life seems to be moving at a mile a minute. I am not a kitchen whiz and I don't have a lot of time and energy for planning, shopping, and preparing, so I am always developing tricks and shortcuts for my recipes to make them quick and easy and nutritious!
While I may not be a culinary professional, I have been cooking for my family for years and have developed recipes that work really well for folks who don't have a lot of time or energy for cooking, but still like to eat good food prepared at home. Over time, I have researched and practiced and adapted my methods to fit with my lifestyle, and I would love to pass on some of the knowledge I have acquired to anyone who might benefit from it!
To contact me, you can send an email to email@example.com for general comments, feedback, or to suggest recipes that your family loves!
I would also love to hear from anyone who would like to collaborate with me on a project or promotion.
I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂
Some other tidbits about me:
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- I love cats, especially Siamese cats.
- I have an undergrad degree in math and a graduate in secondary ed, but for the last 20+ years I have been working at a large corporation, in the benefits administration industry.
- I was a high school math teacher for 3 years before I changed careers.
- I love hiking. In 2004, I hiked the Grand Canyon with my mom, 25 miles from the North Rim to the South Rim.
- I love music and am in a band that my friend Maureen and I started in 2007. We started out with the name Dichroic Glass but switched it to The DG Band so that it would be easier to remember. We have a Facebook page (click here) and a CD of 12 original songs (click here).
- My favorite TV show continues to be Everybody Loves Raymond, even though I have seen every episode multiple times. 🙂 My second favorite show is Seinfeld (I know, I am dating myself here LOL).
My Most Popular Posts
|Chicken Potato Bake
Potatoes tossed in garlic and olive oil and baked to a golden brown with tender, juicy chicken thighs. A family favorite!
|Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas
Quick and easy recipe for overripe bananas, perfect for a special breakfast or an afternoon snack!
|Super Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This creamy, delicious family meal is quick and easy and the kids love it!
|Easy Turkey Broccoli Pasta Dinner
Super-easy, family-pleasing dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!