Are you smart and saucy? Of course you are, and therefore you will love this recipe! I made it using a Saucy Mama marinade to amp up the flavor in this sandwich and make it amazing! You may not have heard of Saucy Mama products before, so read on to find out more!
Saucy Mama makes marinades, dressings, condiments, and cooking sauces that are unique and delicious. There is an amazing variety of flavors and I am going to make it my mission to try them all!
Have I piqued your interest? If so, I have good news for you! To make it easy for you to try some of the Saucy Mama products, there is a GIVEAWAY at the end of this post. Enter and you can win 3 Saucy Mama products of your choice, shipped right to your door! (U.S. addresses only.) Check them all out on the Saucy Mama site!
I first met the Saucy Mama folks at the 2014 World Food Championships in Las Vegas. The whole experience in Vegas was so much fun and I met so many talented and interesting foodies. This year I am hoping to attend as a contestant!
This recipe is actually an entry in the Saucy Mama recipe contest, where the grand prize winner gets a competitor spot in the 2015 World Food Championships in Kissimmee, FL. No matter how the contest turns out though, I am already a winner because I had the opportunity to try a bunch of really tasty Saucy Mama products while developing this sandwich. Thanks, Saucy Mama! 🙂
After much taste-testing and consideration, I ended up choosing to use the Chipotle Lime marinade in my recipe, because the flavor was just so tantalizing. I put a twist on it, though – instead of using it as a marinade, I used it as a dressing for my Brussels sprout and cabbage slaw!
This sandwich ended up with so many interesting flavors and textures, from the crunchy, tangy slaw and savory roasted red peppers, to the creamy mozzarella and salty sweet Italian sausage. Yum! DH could not get enough of this sandwich. Luckily I still have plenty of the marinade left to make this again and again.
Sausage Mozzarella Sandwich with Chipotle Lime SlawPrint Recipe
- 2 red bell peppers
- 16 ounces sweet Italian sausage (1 package, 4 sausages)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded fresh Brussels sprouts (about 8 sprouts - I used a food processor to shred them)
- 3 tablespoons Saucy Mama Chipotle Lime Marinade
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 lime (optional)
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Clean the red peppers and slice each in half.
- Slice the sausages halfway through along the length of the sausage and pry them open.
- Place the red peppers and sausages over medium-high heat on a skillet or grill and cook until browned and done (about 5 minutes for the peppers, about 8 minutes for the sausages), turning about halfway through the cooking time. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and shredded Brussels sprouts.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and Chipotle Lime Marinade. Add to the cabbage mixture and toss until well coated.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing a sausage on the bottom half of each roll.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella on top of the each piece of sausage.
- Place a roasted red pepper half over the cheese,
- Cover the red pepper with chipotle lime slaw
- Squeeze a segment of lime over the slaw (optional).
- Top with the second half of the roll and enjoy!
Enter using the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to try 3 Saucy Mama products of your choice shipped right to your doorstep!
(US addresses only. Giveaway ends on 6/5/2015 at 12:00 am. Winner will be notified via email and have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received in that time, another winner will be selected. Once confirmed, the winner will be announced on the Dizzy Busy and Hungry Facebook page.)
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!