Amp up your sandwich with this tantalizing juxtaposition of flavors and textures!
Are you smart and saucy? Of course you are, and therefore you will love this recipe! I made it using a Saucy Mama marinade to amp up the flavor in this sandwich and make it amazing! You may not have heard of Saucy Mama products before, so read on to find out more!
Saucy Mama makes marinades, dressings, condiments, and cooking sauces that are unique and delicious. There is an amazing variety of flavors and I am going to make it my mission to try them all!
I first met the Saucy Mama folks at the 2014 World Food Championships in Las Vegas. The whole experience in Vegas was so much fun and I met so many talented and interesting foodies. This year I am hoping to attend as a contestant!
This recipe is actually an entry in the Saucy Mama recipe contest, where the grand prize winner gets a competitor spot in the 2015 World Food Championships in Kissimmee, FL.
No matter how the contest turns out though, I am already a winner because I had the opportunity to try a bunch of really tasty Saucy Mama products while developing this sandwich. Thanks, Saucy Mama! 🙂
After much taste-testing and consideration, I ended up choosing to use the Chipotle Lime marinade in my recipe, because the flavor was just so tantalizing.
I put a twist on it, though - instead of using it as a marinade, I used it as a dressing for my Brussels sprout and cabbage slaw!
This sandwich ended up with so many interesting flavors and textures, from the crunchy, tangy slaw and savory roasted red peppers, to the creamy mozzarella and salty sweet Italian sausage. Yum! DH could not get enough of this sandwich. Luckily I still have plenty of the marinade left to make this again and again.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Sausage Mozzarella Sandiwch with Chipotle Lime Slaw
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
Sausage Mozzarella Sandwich with Chipotle Lime Slaw
- 2 red bell peppers
- 16 ounces sweet Italian sausage (1 package, 4 sausages)
- 1 ½ cups shredded cabbage
- ¾ cup shredded fresh Brussels sprouts (about 8 sprouts - I used a food processor to shred them)
- 3 tablespoons Saucy Mama Chipotle Lime Marinade
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 lime (optional)
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Clean the red peppers and slice each in half.2 red bell peppers
- Slice the sausages halfway through along the length of the sausage and pry them open.16 ounces sweet Italian sausage
- Place the red peppers and sausages over medium-high heat on a skillet or grill and cook until browned and done (about 5 minutes for the peppers, about 8 minutes for the sausages), turning about halfway through the cooking time. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and shredded Brussels sprouts.1 ½ cups shredded cabbage, ¾ cup shredded fresh Brussels sprouts
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and Chipotle Lime Marinade. Add to the cabbage mixture and toss until well coated.3 tablespoons Saucy Mama Chipotle Lime Marinade, 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing a sausage on the bottom half of each roll.4 ciabatta rolls
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella on top of the each piece of sausage.8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Place a roasted red pepper half over the cheese,
- Cover the red pepper with chipotle lime slaw
- Squeeze a segment of lime over the slaw (optional).1 lime
- Top with the second half of the roll and enjoy!
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
I absolutely love this! Thanks for sharing it with us. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. We can’t wait to party with you! Lou Lou Girls
Oh, that looks yummy!
Kristin, this looks amazing! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn
Looks yummy.Thanks for sharing at the party. Pinned & shared. See you again soon.
My family would love this for dinner! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!
Trisha @ The Ham & Cheese Of It
This looks AMAZING. I can't wait to try this out myself. Thanks for sharing it.
Wow -- some of my favorite flavors in one sandwich! Showing this off at Snickerdoodle today, so thanks for sharing! 🙂
Debi @ Surroundings by Debi
Another amazing recipe! Thank you for partying with us at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!
Thanks for sharing your recipe with us at Mommy Monday Blog Hop!
Malia @ Small Town Girl
Nom, that is all, just nom!