This recipe originally appeared as a monthly contributor post on Memories by the Mile. I have now posted the recipe here as well for archiving purposes (scroll down towards the bottom). My original teaser post can be found below with the recipe following after. Check out Memories by the Mile too… Wanda Ann has a ton of great recipes on her site! Enjoy!
Today I am posting over at Wanda Ann’s blog, Memories By The Mile. You will find me there the 2nd Thursday of every month!
This month I have shared my recipe for Hidden Veggie Sloppy Joe Sliders. Kids love to eat these super-cute sandwiches, and they won’t even notice that they are getting a nutritional boost from the hidden cauliflower and butternut squash! Click here to head on over to get the recipe, and while you are there, check out some of the other awesome posts on Wanda Ann’s blog!
Hidden Veggie Sloppy Joe SlidersPrint Recipe
- Mince the cauliflower using a food processor. Chop the squash or, if you want it to be well-hidden, mince it with the food processor also.
- Add a little olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion, cauliflower and squash and cook until they begin to get soft.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown (if you don't use very lean ground beef, you may want to brown it in a separate skillet so you can easily drain the grease).
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on mini whole grain rolls.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!