As the weather has become chillier, I have gotten on a slow cooker kick, for sure. I just love that appliance. I mostly love it because it allows me to complete most of the preparation work in the morning, which is when I feel the most energetic. Sometimes, when I wait until 4:00 or 5:00 to start dinner, I end up bagging my ambitious plans for a healthy, home-cooked meal and resort to chicken nuggets or hotdogs (horrors!).
But, if I can do most of the work for dinner in the morning, not only does it make my evening easier, but it makes me happy all day long! Also, since my morning-self is the one who made the meal, my evening-self feels like she is getting a free ride! Afternoon-self benefits too, since she does not have to rush out of the office to get the kids and get home from work. Afternoon-self and evening-self really make out in this deal. Morning-self hardly ever catches a break, but she doesn't mind because she likes to be productive.
OK, well, I really don't have multiple personalities (really!), but I definitely have a diminishing energy level as the day goes on. Hence my love for the slow cooker!
This dish gives you a nice Asian-style meal with lots of flavor and texture, and it is so easy to throw together in the morning. In the evening, just cook up some rice (you can cheat here and use instant rice, or even better, the microwavable pouches!) and toss a salad and you are good to go!
Thing 1 and DH loved this dish. Thing 2 liked it, although he was not too happy about the pineapple (sigh!). I made him try a couple of pieces, but when he still wasn't loving it, I settled for giving him some extra spinach in his salad. Ha!
Thing 2 rating = (3 out of 5 biscuits).
Slow Cooker Pineapple Beef Teriyaki
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in pineapple juice (no need to drain) (1 can)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli florets (1 bag)
- 2 1/2 pounds cubed beef chuck stew meat
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot.20 ounces pineapple chunks in pineapple juice (no need to drain), 1 large onion, 10 ounces frozen broccoli florets, 2 1/2 pounds cubed beef chuck stew meat, 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce, 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Set to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice.
This post contains affiliate links. Check out our full disclosure here.