Slow Cooker Maple Cinnamon Oatmeal is a perfect alternative to cold cereal that doesn't involve a lot of time, ingredients, or complicated prep in the morning. Make this oatmeal ahead of time and store in single-serve containers for a quick, hearty breakfast!
Looking for an alternative to cold cereal that doesn't involve a lot of time, ingredients, or complicated prep in the morning?
I wanted to find something that the kids could fix for themselves in just a minute or two, but I also wanted something that was healthy and not processed and didn't contain a lot of sugar or artificial colors or flavors.
There are lots of things I found on Pinterest, but most of them involved too much work on my part. I can't be spending my entire weekend preparing things for the week ahead.
I read articles all the time about these amazing moms making everything from scratch, from food to their kids' clothes, and even soap and baby wipes! Kudos to them for sure, but I confess that I am not one of those moms. However, sometimes I can find things that are better for my family and also fit in with my time and energy constraints. And this is one of them!
A few notes about this recipe:
- I used old-fashioned rolled oats. Thing 2 does not like steel cut.
- Rolled oats are not as sturdy as steel cut, so I don't cook them as long. If you want to make these into overnight oats, either use steel cut, or be prepared for mushy oatmeal (which is fine in my book, but lots of people don't like mushy oatmeal).
- I used pure maple syrup to add sweetness and that yummy maple flavor.
- I divided the recipe into eight 3/4 cup servings, placing each serving in a glass container and storing in the fridge. That way, in the morning, the kids just grab a glass container, remove the plastic lid, and heat it up in the microwave for about 90 seconds.
- If the oatmeal is too thick, add a little more milk or water when heating.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Slow Cooker Maple Cinnamon Oatmeal
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Slow Cooker Maple Cinnamon OatmealPrint Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours.
If you like oatmeal, you should check out my Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oatmeal recipe too! Or check out my microwave oatmeal recipe - you CAN make oatmeal in the morning without resorting to using expensive and sugar-laden packets!
Or, although oatmeal is great, but maybe you want to vary your morning meals while still taking advantage of the convenience of your slow cooker. Take a look at these 16 delicious ideas for slow cooker breakfast recipes!
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!