Fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth pineapple pancakes drizzled with a deliciously sweet coconut syrup!
Transport yourself to a tropical vacation for breakfast with these pina colada pancakes! There is no better way to start the day than with the yummy flavor combination of pineapple and coconut.
And since this week's #SundaySupper theme is coconut in honor of National Pina Colada Day, I couldn't resist creating a delicious and hearty morning treat reminiscent of an island getaway.
I have used various fruits in pancakes in the past, they add lots of natural flavor and a nice, moist texture. However, I had never used pineapple before this recipe, and was happy to discover that it made the pancakes fluffy yet tender, with just a hint of sweet and tart.
Then I topped them with the deliciously coconut-y syrup and - viola! - a vacation on a plate!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Pina Colada Pancakes
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Pina Colada Pancakes
For the pancakes:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, canola oil, vanilla extract, and yogurt. Add crushed pineapple and mix thoroughly.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together (result will be slightly lumpy).
- Spray a griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium. Pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook until edges start to look dry and the pancakes start to bubble. Then flip and cook on the other side.
- Combine coconut milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Check out all of this week's #SundaySupper recipes below!
Many thanks to Constance from Cosmopolitan Cornbread for hosting this fun event!
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!