This super-tasty Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken dish is both sweet and spicy, and so easy to make! Only 5 minutes of prep!
School is winding down and we are getting primed for summer! I am looking forward to the slower pace of the summer and lots of barbecues and picnics.
Early summer is my absolute favorite time of year, because the weather is warm (but not too hot!), the mosquitos are not out in droves quite yet, and we can be comfortable in the house without any climate control for a while (cheaper utility bills, woohoo!)
This recipe was actually suggested to me by a friend of mine on Facebook. I was struggling to complete my meal plan for the week, and I posted that as my status, because I thought it was pretty amusing that someone with a recipe blog couldn't come up with a few recipes for the coming week!
He responded with two easy recipe suggestions, both of which I wrote down so we could try them out. I have made this one a couple of times now, and I will be making it again!
If you love easy chicken recipes, you may also like this tasty Mediterranean Chicken Bake. It's loaded with Greek flavors and it’s absolutely delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Slow Cooker Pineapple ChickenPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 10 ounces sweet and sour sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more if you like more kick)
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice (1 can, drained, reserve 1/4 cup of juice)
- Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweet and sour sauce, crushed red pepper, pineapple chunks, and pineapple juice.
- Pour pineapple sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!