Just a note: This recipe originally appeared as a guest post on Memories by the Mile. I have now posted the recipe here as well for archiving purposes. The recipe is below my original teaser post.
Today I am posting over at Wanda Ann’s blog, Memories By The Mile. You will find me there the 2nd Thursday of every month!
School is winding down and we are getting primed for summer! I am looking forward to the slower pace of the summer and lots of barbecues and picnics.
Early summer is my absolute favorite time of year, because the weather is warm (but not too hot!), the mosquitos are not out in droves quite yet, and we can be comfortable in the house without any climate control for a while (cheaper utility bills, woohoo!)
This recipe was actually suggested to me by a friend of mine on Facebook. I was struggling to complete my meal plan for the week, and I posted that as my status, because I thought it was pretty amusing that someone with a recipe blog couldn’t come up with a few recipes for the coming week!
He responded with two easy recipe suggestions, both of which I wrote down so we could try them out. I have made this one a couple of times now, and I will be making it again!
Slow Cooker Pineapple ChickenPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 10 ounces sweet and sour sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more if you like more kick)
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice (1 can, drained, reserve 1/4 cup of juice)
- Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweet and sour sauce, crushed red pepper, pineapple chunks, and pineapple juice.
- Pour pineapple sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!