This Lemon Feta Chicken makes me happy. It makes me happy because my entire family loves it!
I have served it to guests as well and received many compliments. It is easy to prepare and doesn’t require a list of a gazillion ingredients! Happy happy!
You know what else makes me happy? Listening to songs from the 80’s and 90’s. I always swore I would remain current and never get stuck on the music from my youth, but I can’t help it. These songs make me want to dance around and sing along. I just had to look up this song from 1991:
|Shiny Happy People by R.E.M.|
Does anyone else like this song, or is it just me? 🙂
Anyway, this recipe makes me happy like that song makes me happy! The chicken turns out tender and juicy. You almost don’t need a knife to cut it! I also love that I can do other things while it is baking, like setting the table and preparing the side dishes. It seems like when the entree requires active prep right up until serving it, I always have a little bit of trouble coordinating it all.
I feel like I need a couple of extra hands, or a cloned version of myself, to keep it all going, and to work the timing so that everything is ready right around the same time! I guess that, at the end of a busy and tiring day, I just don’t have the brainpower left to do that much coordinating. This dish is easy on my brain and my remaining energy levels!
I have one note to add. I typically make this on a day where I am working from home, so that I can get the chicken in the marinade 1 to 2 hours before I want to get it in the oven. If you are not able to be home 1 to 2 hours before dinner, you can try sticking the chicken in the marinade in the morning before going to work. However, citrus marinades can cause the meat to break down too much if left soaking for long periods, so if your chicken turns out overly mushy, that may be why. That being said, I know people who swear by marinating overnight, so it may turn out just fine either way. It is worth a try!
Easy Lemon Feta ChickenPrint Recipe
- One to two hours prior to cooking:
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the marinade into a large ziplock bag. Add the chicken breasts, close the bag squeezing most of the air out, and squish the chicken around a little to get it all coated.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for one to two hours.
- When ready to cook:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large skillet with a little cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, top with the feta and green onions and place in the oven.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is done.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!