Edamame. It probably wouldn’t win a Most Popular Veggie contest! Or even a Most Popular Bean contest. But I really like edamame. And I like it even more when it is seasoned nicely!
The chipotle and lime in this recipe really create a flavorful side dish. However I admit that, even with the seasoning, Thing 1 and Thing 2 were not huge fans.
But this recipe was more tolerable for them than using just plain salt and pepper. And when it comes to kids and veggies, sometimes ‘more tolerable’ is the best you can do, haha. So I will take it! Especially since DH and I loved it.
Edamame is really good for you, too. It has protein, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, iron, and more!
Chipotle Lime Edamame
- 10 ounces frozen shelled edamame (1 package)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Cook the edamame according to the package instructions.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, chipotle powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the lime juice mixture to the edamame and toss to coat.
- Mix in the sunflower seeds right before serving.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!