I was looking for a fun way to dress up some strawberries and blueberries I had picked up at the grocery store. We had been eating a lot of strawberries (they are so good right now!), so to change things up a bit I wanted to make a dessert with them.
Strawberry shortcake is always an option, but I was craving something a little different, so I set off to poke around the interwebs in search of inspiration.
As I was perusing Pinterest pictures and browsing Google search results, I found a recipe for a creamy fruit salad made with whipped topping, marshmallows, and fruit, and decided to put my own spin on it. And here is the result!
I love how smooth and creamy this recipe turned out. The marshmallows lend a light, spongy texture and the cheesecake mix adds so much rich, cheesy flavor. You need to try this!
I forgot to sprinkle on the graham cracker crumbs from the no bake cheesecake box for the pictures, but definitely try it with them on top!
If you take this to a picnic, I would suggest have the graham crackers crumbs in a little bowl on the side so people can sprinkle their own when getting their serving. That way they won’t get soggy!
Adapted from Time for Supper.
Berry Delicious Cheesecake Fluff
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 16 ounces fat free vanilla yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- 8 ounces whipped topping (1 tub, light if desired)
- 111.2 ounces no-bake cheesecake mix with graham cracker crumbs (1 package)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the graham cracker crumbs.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
- When serving, sprinkle each individual serving with graham cracker crumbs.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!