Ready to eat in 10 minutes and requiring only 6 ingredients, this foolproof Berry Delicious Cheesecake Fluff recipe is an easy and delicious dessert that really tastes just like cheesecake. Perfect for a crowd!
Here's a super-easy dessert that is perfect to take to picnics or potlucks this summer. My family was positively RAVING about this one!
I was looking for a fun way to dress up some strawberries and blueberries I had picked up at the grocery store. We had been eating a lot of strawberries (they are so good right now!), so to change things up a bit I wanted to make a dessert with them.
Fruit salad is always an option, but I was craving something a little different, so I set off to poke around the interwebs in search of inspiration.
In my search, I became inspired by the many fluff recipes out there. I love how smooth and creamy and versatile they are.
In this recipe, the marshmallows lend a light, spongy texture and the cheesecake mix adds so much rich, cheesy flavor. You definitely need to try this!
WHY I LOVE THIS BERRY CHEESECAKE FLUFF RECIPE!
This recipe is one that I have made so many times now at this point that I couldn't even count them. What's so great about it? Well, it is:
- A huge hit with adults and kids alike!
- The ingredient list is totally manageable - only 6 ingredients!
- I can make it in literally just MINUTES.
- It's perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day picnics with it's USA patriotic colors.
- There are so many variations, you can use different fruits, or use cookie pieces, or go hog wild with all kinds of sweet ideas!
- It's got fruit and yogurt, so it's healthy, right? (Well, maybe not healthy, but at least it has some nutritional value! LOL)
How to make this berry cheesecake fluff recipe - Step by Step
Gather your ingredients - mini marshmallows, no-bake cheesecake mix, vanilla yogurt, whipped topping, sliced strawberries, and blueberries. Basil for garnish is optional!
Dump everything in a large bowl (except the graham cracker crumbs if they were included in your cheesecake mix).
Mix well. That's it! You are ready to serve!
FAQs FOR MAKING BERRY CHEESECAKE FLUFF RECIPE
Does it matter what brand of no-bake cheesecake mix I use?
I like to use the Jello brand, which seems to produce the best cheesecake flavor. However, I have used generic brands as well and honestly I have never had any complaints!
Does it matter what brand of whipped topping I use?
The brand of whipped topping doesn't seem to make a difference. I usually just buy whatever is the least expensive. Also, I usually use the 'lite' version, but the regular version works just as well.
Does it matter what brand or kind of yogurt I use?
I like to get the creamiest vanilla yogurt I can find. So I use a Greek non-fat yogurt. I have used generic brand and name brands and I haven't noticed a big difference either way.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Definitely! Store it covered in the refrigerator overnight. You may notice that the areas around the sliced strawberries pick up some of the red color, but it all still tastes delicious!
Do I need to chill this before serving it after I make it?
No, you can serve it right away. But if you need to hold off on serving it for a few hours, I would definitely store it covered in the refrigerator.
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT CHEESECAKE FLUFF RECIPE EVERY TIME
- Wash your fruit before adding it and make sure you pat it dry a bit.
- Allow plenty of time for the frozen whipped topping to thaw before making the recipe.
- Reserve the graham cracker crumbs and serve them on the side for your guests to sprinkle on as they like
- Make sure your marshmallows are fresh. Old, stale marshmallows are icky!
Variations for this fluff recipe
Just about anything you would put on, or mix into, a cheesecake can be used here! So many possibilities!
- Experiment with different fruits - try raspberries, cherries, mango, pineapple, or blackberries.
- Go with a chocolate version - Oreo cookie pieces, chocolate chips, chopped brownie bites...YUM!
- Make the fluff part (cheesecake mix, marshmallows, yogurt, whipped topping), and then when serving, top it with your favorite pre-made pie filling.
- Use pieces of candy bars - Kit Kat, Twix, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Milky Way. YUM again!
BERRY DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE FLUFF RECIPE
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Berry Delicious Cheesecake Fluff Recipe
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 16 ounces vanilla yogurt (I used fat free Greek yogurt)
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed (1 tub, you can use the lite version if desired)
- 11.2 ounces no-bake cheesecake mix (1 package)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients (except the graham cracker crumbs that may have been included with your cheesecake mix).2 cups miniature marshmallows, 16 ounces vanilla yogurt, 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed, 11.2 ounces no-bake cheesecake mix, 2 cups sliced strawberries, 2 cups blueberries
- Serve immediately, or store covered in the refrigerator.
- When serving, garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired. If your cheesecake mix came with graham cracker crumbs, sprinkle them on top as well!Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- After your wash your fruit, make sure you dry it a bit before adding it to the recipe.
- Don't forget you will need to allow time for your whipped topping to thaw!
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows (don't try to get by with last summer's marshmallows like I did! 🙂 )
- Be adventurous and experiment with different flavor combos! You can try other fruits, cookie pieces, or even cut up pieces of candy bars instead of the strawberries and blueberries!
Recipe adapted from Time for Supper.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in April 2015, but was republished with tips, step by step photos, and a recipe change in May 2019.
If you are a fan of fluff recipes
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!