Thing 1 is back with another decadent dessert recipe. He found this recipe on the internet and adapted it a bit. I was able to trace back to the original recipe, which came from Jenny at the Picky Palate. How did she come up with this genius idea? Not sure, but I am glad she did! Here is Thing 1’s take on it!
Chocolate chip cookies. It’s hard to go wrong with them, they’re easy to make, quick to bake, and pretty much always taste great! But sometimes, you want something a little bit more. Sure, chocolate chip cookies are a classic, but… what if they had Oreos in them?! Well I found a recipe that did just that, but then I wanted to take it even a step further. What about PEANUT BUTTER OREOS? Chocolate and peanut butter always go together, so why not?
So my friend (we’ll call her M, just for the sake of her privacy) came over to my house and we had a nice relaxing afternoon of baking and singing show tunes; we met while doing a musical in school last year and we’ve been friends ever since. The cookies were so fun and easy to make, and they ended up being quite large! With these, you won’t want more than one; you’ll be too full!
PB Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Use a mixer to cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and then the chocolate chips. Mix until just combined,
- Using a cookie scoop, take two scoops of the dough, one for the top and one for the bottom of the Oreo. Then using your hands, form the dough around the entire Oreo and smooth over the edges.
- Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!