Capture the flavors of summer with this super easy Cherry Ice Cream! With no churning required, this homemade treat is a creamy and sweet dessert that’s ideal to serve in the warmer months.
With a delicious cherry flavor, this ice cream is a simple way to whip up a great sweet treat. You don’t even need to cook the cherries, so prep is easy and the results are always fruity and refreshing!
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
This super easy cherry pie ice cream is the perfect way to create a sweet and simple dessert with very little prep! Only 4 ingredients are needed, and there's absolutely no churning required.
There's no need for a fancy ice cream machine or special equipment. For this homemade cherry ice cream recipe, all you need is 20 minutes of prep and you'll have a delicious and creamy homemade dessert!
And if you love being able to make your own ice cream at home, you should also try this Cookies and Cream No Churn Ice Cream!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- heavy whipping cream - forms the base of your homemade cherry ice cream.
- sweetened condensed milk - provides lots of sweetness and rich, creamy texture.
- cherry pie filling - packs lots of tart fruity flavor.
- graham crackers - adds some texture interest and acts as the "crust" in this cherry pie ice cream.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to a stand mixer (or use a large bowl and a hand mixer or whisk).
- Whip until the cream is stiff and holds shape when scooped.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the cherry pie filling.
- In a parchment lined pan, layer about ⅓ of the ice cream, then ⅓ of the crushed graham crackers, and repeat 2 more times. Let sit in the freezer overnight.
Absolutely! It contains many of the same (or similar) components as churned ice cream, with a few shortcuts that give it a texture that's nearly the same as classic hand scooped ice cream, if not identical. Most people probably won't be able to tell the difference!
Yes, but only if they're cooked together. Because this no churn ice cream requires no heating of ingredients, there's no need to worry about the interaction of the cherry pie filling and the other ingredients.
Much like classic hand scooped ice cream, no churn ice cream has a creamy and velvety texture. The whipped cream also gives it a softness, which prevents the ice cream from getting too hard or dense.
Believe it or not, a great way to soften your ice cream is to add a little bit of liqueur. The alcohol lowers the freezing point of the ice cream which results in a softer texture. Using a cherry liqueur or even a chocolate or almond liqueur would be a great way to switch up the flavors of this ice cream and alter the texture to your liking!
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- Be sure that you're using heavy whipping cream, as the higher fat content as compared to regular or light whipping cream is crucial for the texture of this ice cream.
- Don't overwhip the cream, or you might accidentally make butter! Just whip until its firm and holds its shape when you scoop it.
📌 Homemade ice cream is a great way to create a quick and satisfying dessert. It only takes 20 minutes to prep and sits overnight, so the next day you'll have a creamy and fruity treat!
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- You can skip the graham crackers to make this recipe even easier, or skip the layering and just sprinkle them over top.
- Swirl in some chocolate syrup or fold in dark chocolate pieces for chocolate cherry ice cream.
- Make this cherry vanilla ice cream by adding some vanilla extract, about 2 teaspoons or so. You could also use almond extract for a sweet and slightly nutty flavor.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
This homemade ice cream lasts for a few weeks in the freezer, so you can make it far ahead of time if need be!
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
Before serving up this yummy no churn ice cream, be sure to serve a filling and nutritious meal! Start with Baked Avocados or this Easy Thai Salmon, make some delicious Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos, or if you need something fast and super tasty, try these Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls.
✔️ More Dessert Recipes You'll Love
- Snickers Bar Brownies - Decadent and loaded with chocolate flavor, once you make these brownies you'll never want to go back to plain ones!
- Easy Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars - These creamy cheesecake bars are another great way to work some fruit into your dessert.
- Matcha Cookies with White Chocolate - You'll love the herbal and earthy flavor of matcha balanced with sweet white chocolate.
- Cranberry Ice Cream - More no-churn ice cream, this time with only 3 ingredients!
- Sour Cherry Popsicles - Another tart and chilly cherry dessert from A Piece of Ressa!
Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Easy Cherry Ice Cream (No Churn)
- 1 Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- 32 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 6 graham crackers
- Prepare a square baking pan or large loaf pan by lining with parchment paper.
- Add the whipping cream into a mixer bowl and whip until it is fairly stiff and holds it's shape when scooped.32 ounces heavy whipping cream
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk.14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Fold in the cherry pie filling.21 ounces cherry pie filling
- Crush the graham crackers. Place about ⅓ of the ice cream mixture into the prepared pan, then sprinkle about ⅓ of the crushed graham crackers. Repeat 2 more times with the remaining ice cream mixture and graham crackers.6 graham crackers
- Place pan in the freezer overnight.
- It's important to use heavy whipping cream as opposed to whipping cream or light whipping cream. The additional fat content is important for a nice texture of ice cream.
- Be careful not to over-whip the cream. Stop when it just becomes firm enough to hold it's shape when scooped.
- Skip the graham crackers if desired, or simply sprinkle them on top instead of bothering with the layers.
- Add dark chocolate pieces or swirl in some chocolate syrup for a cherry chocolate ice cream.
- Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract for cherry vanilla ice cream.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!