These easy Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars are a super creamy dessert with a cheesecake filling made with banana cream pudding mix and real banana on top of a decadent crust made with vanilla wafers and butter.
Drop a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh banana slice on top of each square for a fresh and pretty presentation. It’s a perfect cool dessert for special occasions or just a special treat for an ordinary weekday!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
When you're looking for a quick and simple dessert that will wow with its fun presentation, reach for these banana cheesecake bars! Made with banana cream pudding mix, this reliable recipe yields creamy and decadent results without all of the effort of other similar recipes.
With just 20 minutes of prep, you can easily put together this treat that's perfect for the summertime. Just like my Easy Banana Cookies, these banana pudding bars are loaded with the sweet and distinct flavor of banana!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- vanilla wafers - used to make a sweet and decadent crust.
- butter - I prefer to use unsalted butter.
- cream cheese - serves as the base of the cheesecake layer.
- sugar - for some added sweetness.
- eggs - helps the cheesecake layer stay together.
- vanilla extract - provides important flavor for the cheesecake.
- marshmallow fluff - adds a fluffy and light texture.
- banana cream pudding mix - the secret ingredient that makes these cheesecake bars so easy.
- banana - this recipe is a great way to use overripe bananas!
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar in a mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the marshmallow fluff.
- Add the pudding mix and mashed banana and combine well.
- Pour the cheesecake layer over the baked vanilla wafers and butter.
- Baked at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, then reduce to 200 degrees F and bake another 30 minutes.
Yes, adding pudding mix to cheesecake is a great way to add in flavors like chocolate or banana while also creating a super creamy texture.
Yes, overripe bananas are safe to eat, though sometimes their texture isn't as desirable. That's why they're perfect to use for recipes like these banana pudding cheesecake bars or banana bread.
At some point, bananas will get overripe to a point where you shouldn't eat them anymore. If they have a rotten smell or if you peel them and discover that the inside is overly brown and mushy or has any kind of liquid, that's a good indication that your banana is no longer edible.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- Use a food processor to easily crush your nilla wafers.
- You can also place them in a sealed plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
- Leave some overhang when you line your baking dish; you can use this to easily lift your cheesecake from the pan.
- Soften your cheesecake in the microwave for 30 seconds if you need it softened in a pinch.
- Be sure to follow the baking times and temperatures closely to ensure the best texture and to avoid cracking or sinking in your cheesecake.
These banana pudding bars are a creamy and delicious treat that are perfect to serve at summer gatherings like barbecues, picnics, and holiday parties!
📖 Substitutions and Variations
- Graham crackers can be used instead of nilla wafers. You can also buy graham cracker crumbs if you want to save some time.
- If you want extra toppings, drizzle with caramel sauce or chocolate sauce, or sprinkle with some cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Vanilla bean pasta is another option for vanilla flavoring if you want something a little more organic.
- Mix some light brown sugar in with the wafers and butter to add extra sweetness to the crust.
These banana cheesecake bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. They may fare better if you store them in the fridge, but if not be sure to keep them in a cool and dry place.
Cheesecake bars can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To defrost, leave them out on the counter for a few hours, or overnight if possible.
💡 What To Serve With This Dish
If you're thinking of serving these banana pudding cheesecake bars at a barbecue or picnic, try pairing them with one of these fantastic main courses or side dishes! These Crock Pot Barbecue Burgers are an easy way to cook delicious burgers and you'll love this Stovetop Mac and Cheese. Or make some Cornbread Casserole or this Bacon Wrapped Asparagus!
🍞 More Dessert Recipes You'll Love
- Funfetti Cupcakes with Oreos - These festive cupcakes are stuffed with birthday cake Oreos for a sweet and celebratory treat.
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Raspberry Fudge - Homemade fudge has never been easier!
- Brownie Cakesicles - You'll love how unique these cakesicles are, and so much fun to decorate.
- Banana Milkshake - This creamy recipe from Baking Mischief is perfect for all of you banana lovers!
Banana Cheesecake Bars
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter, then press into a parchment paper lined 9x9 pan with the back of a spoon. Bake for 10 minutes.2 cups crushed vanilla wafers, ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- While the crust is baking, cream together the cream cheese and sugar with a stand mixer or hand mixer until smooth and creamy.16 ounces cream cheese, softened, ¼ cup sugar
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix.2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the marshmallow fluff and continue to mix.1 cup marshmallow fluff
- Add the pudding mix and mashed banana and mix until well combined.3.4 ounces banana cream pudding mix, 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- When the crust is done, remove from the oven. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then without opening the oven door, reduce the heat to 200 degrees and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
- Then turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely, then place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Once chilled, cut into squares, top with whipped cream and a banana slice and serve.
- The easiest way to crush the vanilla wafers is in a food processor. Or you can place the vanilla wafers in a plastic zipper top bag, and roll over the bad using a rolling pin.
- You can substitute graham crackers for the vanilla wafers. If you are in a hurry, you can use buy graham cracker crumbs and save yourself a step.
- When lining your pan with parchment paper, it help to leave some sticking up over the side so that you can use it to lift out the cheesecake after it has chilled.
- To quickly soften your cream cheese, place it on a microwave-safe plate (remove the foil first) and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- It is important to follow the baking and cooling instructions for good results with the texture and to avoid developing cracking on the surface of the cheesecake.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- For a super decadent dessert, drizzle the cheesecake bars with caramel sauce. Or sprinkle some cinnamon or nutmeg on top!
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!