Looking for a delicious side dish? Try this bacon wrapped asparagus. It's incredibly easy to make, and tastes absolutely fantastic.
👩🏻🍳 Why you'll love asparagus with bacon
- The recipe is made in less than 30 minutes
- Asparagus and bacon pair well with basically any entree
- It's low carb and keto friendly
- Looks more impressive than it is
- As much as I love my air fryer asparagus, I must admit that vegetables taste much better when bacon is involved
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- Bacon - Use your favorite bacon for this recipe.
- Asparagus - Raw, uncooked asparagus works best. Avoid canned or frozen asparagus.
- Salt and pepper - This recipe only requires basic seasoning!
- Olive oil - Keeps the asparagus juicy and tender. Choose a brand that you like!
- Select 3-4 asparagus spears, and bunch them together. Cut off any tough ends.
- Tightly wrap one piece of bacon around each bunch of asparagus, and place them on a baking sheet. Leave a little space between each bunch.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the bacon wrapped asparagus, and sprinkle salt and pepper over the top.
- Bake the dish at 400 F / 200 C for about 20 minutes.
No, you don't have to soak asparagus before cooking them, but you should make sure to wash them to remove any debris.
No. If you want to cook food wrapped in bacon, you usually don't have to precook the bacon. The bacon should cook while the asparagus roasts.
Asparagus can be bitter when overcooked. When roasting asparagus, make sure to remove them from the oven before the edges turn black.
You can eat the entire asparagus spear, but most people prefer to cut off the bottom ends as they tend to be tough and "woody".
If you have more questions about asparagus, check out this guide with information on what does asparagus taste like, and more!
This asparagus tastes best when served immediately, but you can store leftovers in a sealed container in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can reheat them in the oven or in an air fryer at 400 F / 200 C for about 3-5 minutes, or until the asparagus and bacon have heated through. This will allow the bacon to keep its crispy texture, unlike reheating the dish in a microwave.
You can also freeze asparagus wrapped in bacon! Allow the dish to cool completely, before freezing it in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw it in a refrigerator overnight, then reheat in an oven at 400 F / 200 C for about 5-10 minutes, or until the bacon is hot and crispy.
Alternatively, dice the leftover roasted asparagus and bacon and use them in a leftover dish. They would taste great in a casserole, pasta dish, or my favorite asparagus pasta salad.
💭 Helpful Tips
- Although this is a commonly enjoyed side dish, I highly recommend it for breakfast or brunch along with some poached eggs.
- Feel free to change up the seasoning. Some chili powder or garlic powder can add a little flavor to the dish.
- To save some time, you can wrap the asparagus in bacon the night before. Then you only have to place them in the oven to roast the next day.
- For added drama and color, serve with freshly chopped herbs, a sprinkle of Parmesan, red pepper flakes, lemon wedges or freshly ground black pepper on top.
Asparagus wrapped in bacon is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Make a lighter version of the dish by using turkey bacon.
- You can also make bacon wrapped green beans by using green beans in place of asparagus. You can even combine green beans and asparagus in the bunches.
🥩 Suggested Entrees
A great side dish needs a good entree. Here are some of my personal favorites:
🥕 Related Recipes
Here are a few more side dish ideas for you!
Check out this story on how to make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Baking sheet
- Bunch 3-4 asparagus spears together, and tightly wrap one piece of bacon around each. Repeat until you have made 6 bunches.24 asparagus spears, 6 bacon strips
- Place each bacon wrapped asparagus bunch on a baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Brush olive oil over the top.½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Bake the asparagus in the oven at 400 F / 200 C for about 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Optionally: broil the asparagus for about 1 minutes after roasting to make the bacon super crispy.
- Serve the asparagus wrapped in bacon immediately.
- Store leftovers for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Add extra seasoning or toppings to add a different flavor to the dish. Lemon juice, garlic powder, red pepper flakes or Parmesan are excellent options.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.