These pickles are just the right amount of tart, sweet, and spicy. I love the zingy feeling they leave behind!
It is so easy and fun to make your own pickles! Have you ever tried it? I have seen some different methods, but this is by far the easiest, quickest, and so yummy!
I wanted to use basil, because I have two hydroponic basil plants that grow so fast, I cannot keep up with using all that basil! So these pickles are a perfect way to remedy that situation. I added in garlic and jalapeno because...well, just because I like garlic and jalapeno! 🙂
These are a great healthy snack, or perfect to serve along side a nice big sandwich. Most of the time, however, I like to eat them straight out of the jar!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Jalapeno Garlic Basil Pickles
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Jalapeno Garlic Basil PicklesPrint Recipe
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cucumbers (quartered (more or less depending on what fits in your jar))
- 10 jalapeno slices (use more if you like more kick; I used jarred jalapenos, note that fresh may provide more kick as well)
- handful of fresh basil leaves (I counted about 20 leaves of varying sizes in my handful)
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, coriander seeds, garlic, and salt in a sauce pan. Heat until the sugar dissolves (not until boiling), stirring periodically. Let cool completely.
- Place some of the jalapeno slices and basil leaves in the jar. Stuff the cucumbers on top. Place the rest of the jalapenos and basil in between and on top of the cucumbers.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the jar, covering the cucumbers completely.
- Store in the refrigerator for 12 hours before serving.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!