These delicious chicken wraps with bacon and blue cheese are perfect for a quick, easy dinner on busy weeknights! Prepare a delicious dinner your family will love in only 10 minutes!
Some weeknights rate a 10 on the crazy schedule scale for us. I would venture to say that anyone with kids has experienced evenings like that from time to time!
With school starting in a couple of weeks, I know our schedule is going to shift into high gear soon. Some evenings, there is absolutely no time for me to cook. So what's a busy mom to do? Do we resort to overpriced and nutritionally questionable fast food?
I used to do that from time to time, but not anymore! Instead, I have a some go-to meals that require few ingredients, little prep time, and yet are still family-pleasers!
This recipe is a lifesaver on those really crazy weeknights. Usually I will know ahead of time that one of our upcoming evenings will be extremely busy, and I can plan around it. I love this meal because it literally takes 10 minutes to throw together and get in front of the kids!
The key for this dinner is to have the right ingredients handy. The chicken needs to be already cooked and cubed. The bacon needs to be already cooked and crumbled.
You can certainly cook the chicken and bacon yourself as part of the prep for this dish if you have the time! That would be the cheapest and best way to do it, but obviously that takes a little more time and effort.
If I know this meal is slated for a really busy evening, I streamline by either cooking the chicken and bacon ahead of time, or I buy the pre-cooked chicken and the real bacon crumbles.
My best tip for this is to plan to make it the same week as you make my Slow Cooker Whole Chicken. That way, you can have the chicken one night, and then use the leftovers to make these wraps.
Or, if your family tends to eat all of the chicken so that there aren't really any leftovers, your best bet might be just to make a whole chicken on the weekend, slice it up, and freeze it to use in this recipe or another chicken recipe, like my Fiesta Chicken Salad.
That way, making this dinner is just a matter of putting it all together.
This meal was a hit with the whole family. Thing 1 and Thing 2 did not even complain about the tomatoes, although I admit I found a few left on their plates that had been picked out! But I think a few made it into their tummies, too. Score!
Thing 2 rating = 3.5 out of 5 biscuits! However, the only thing he did not like was the tomatoes, so I personally think I should have gotten a higher score! Thing 2...he is a tough one!! (*shaking my head*)
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Bacon Blue Cheese Chicken Wraps
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Bacon Blue Cheese Chicken Wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken (cubed, buy pre-cooked for extra convenience)
- ½ cup ranch dressing (I use a light version)
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons bacon crumbles (buy real bacon crumbles for extra convenience)
- ½ cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 ½ tabslespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 whole grain wraps (large size, like the kind by La Tortilla Factory))
- romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine the chicken, dressing, blue cheese crumbles, bacon crumbles, grape tomatoes, and basil in a medium bowl.2 cups cooked chicken, ½ cup ranch dressing, 3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles, 3 tablespoons bacon crumbles, ½ cup halved grape tomatoes, 1 ½ tabslespoons chopped fresh basil
- Line each of the 4 wraps with lettuce.4 whole grain wraps, romaine lettuce leaves
- Distribute the chicken over the 4 wraps.
- Roll, and fasten with a toothpick if needed to keep the wrap together.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!