It is past Labor Day, and if I was on top of things, I would be starting to post pumpkin recipes, apple recipes, butternut squash recipes, and other fall-themed dishes.
But, I am still stuck in summer! However, since it went up to 90 degrees here today, I am not totally off-season! There is still summer left to enjoy, folks! 🙂
I love potato salad, but most of the time it is so heavy and laden with calories that it just isn’t something I will eat often. So when I ran across this lightened-up potato salad recipe at FatFreeVegan.com, I had to try it!
I adapted the recipe slightly, substituting dijonnaise for the dijon mustard, only because I was out of dijon mustard. The result was delicious and the whole family loved it, especially DH!
Slightly adapted from FatFreeVegan.com.
Potato and Grilled Corn SaladPrint Recipe
- Boil water in a large pot, add the potatoes, and cook until tender, about 15-18 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, preheat grill to medium high, place the corn on the grill and cook about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until corn is tender.
- Remove the corn from the grill. Handling carefully because they are hot, cut the kernels from the cobs. Place into a large bowl and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the pot and cut into bite-sized chunks. Place in the bowl with the corn kernels.
- In a small bowl, combine the green onions, dijonnaise, salt, black pepper, vinegar, and dill.
- Add the dressing to the large bowl with the corn and potatoes and toss to coat.
- Garnish with additional fresh dill (if desired) and serve.
I have a little confession to make…I still have a few more summer recipes to post! Hopefully I will start with some fall recipes soon, but in the meantime, let’s enjoy the tail end of the summer season!
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!