Steak and Potato Salad - Get your steak and potatoes all in one with this delicious and hearty side dish! You can even serve it as a tasty entree!Summer's not over yet! In fact, I love cooking out in September and even heading in to October, when the weather is still nice and it is actually more comfortable with lower temperatures and less humidity. This steak and potato salad is kind of half comfort food and half picnic fare, so it is a perfect dish to bring to a fall cookout.
It is also a great side dish to serve at a football party for everyone to munch on while you watch your favorite team win. 🙂 Your guests get to have their meat and potatoes all rolled into one delicious salad!
To make this super-easy to prepare, you can use pre-cooked steak strips, but it will be tastiest if you use your leftover steak or cook a steak specifically for this dish. I recommend Certified Angus Beef® Brand for best results! I also used the small red potatoes (love them!) and kept the skin on, which contributes additional texture and color, and nutrition as well (lots of vitamin C!).
We actually used this salad as our entree for dinner one night and had a nice green salad to go along with it. It was quick and easy, yet hearty and filling. I will be making this for the family again, for sure!
Thing 2 rating = (3.5 biscuits out of 5). He didn't even feel the need to remove anything from it. That's right, he ate it as is. Woohoo!
📋 Recipe Card
Steak and Potato Salad
- Place the potatoes in a large pot. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and cover potatoes with cool water.12 (approximately) small red potatoes, 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Drain and run under cool water.
- When the potatoes have cooled, cut them into chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the steak strips into bite-sized chunks if needed and add to the bowl with the potatoes.8 ounces cooked steak strips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, the remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Stir in the dill.2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon pepper, ¼ cup fresh dill, ½ teaspoon salt
- Pour the vinegar/olive oil/dill mixture over the steak and potatoes and stir to coat. Add the feta and mix it in gently.1 cup reduced-fat feta
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
This post contains affiliate links. Check out our full disclosure here.
I love that the steak and potatoes are together. What a fun twist on steak and potatoes. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
What a great twist to a salad! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
Mother of 3
This sounds so good! I bet my husband would love it; it combines two of his favorite food groups. Pinned.
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party.
This really caught my eye. I'm going to add it to my recipe round-up this week. Have a great week!
Just wanted to stop by to say thanks for the mention, I really appreciate it! Steak and Potatoes, Salad Style
That looks absolutely delicious. The perfect meal I think my husband has been wanting from me. Thank you for sharing it on Foodie Friday