Air Fryer Frozen French Fries are a delicious and crispy side that you can serve any night of the week! Cooking them in the air fryer ensures that you make the perfect fries every time.
No need to rely on fast food anymore! This recipe includes all the best tips to guarantee you end up with crispy fries, not mushy ones. Add your own favorite seasonings to jazz them up and create the perfect side dish!
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Did you know it's super easy to air fry frozen french fries? You can pop them right out of the bag and into your air fryer, and in just 20 minutes you'll have crispy and delicious fries. Perfect as a fun and tasty side dish any night of the week!
This is a versatile recipe that can be paired with just about any entree. You can add your favorite seasonings to customize to your liking.
Better yet, check out this recipe for Homemade French Fry Seasoning for a delicious and flavorful blend of herbs and spices that taste amazing on your fries!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- frozen french fries - all you need for this super simple side is a bag of your favorite frozen fries!
- Add your frozen fries to the air fryer basket, then cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, tossing them halfway through.
There are too major culprits possible, the most likely one for this recipe being overcrowding. The other is too much oil, and unless you've added some kind of oil to your fries (which isn't necessary), then overcrowding is likely the reason your fries aren't as crispy as you'd like.
Avoid overcrowding! Space between fries allows for better air circulation. Also be sure to give them a really good toss at the halfway point.
Any brand will cook about the same, though there are different cuts of fries that may fare better in the air fryer. Classic shoestring fries or crinkle cut are always good options, but feel free to experiment!
If you're looking to get your fries super crispy, this can be a great way to ensure that they'll get nice and golden brown. Make sure it's a light coating, and toss the fries well to distribute evenly, otherwise you may end up with soggy or damp fries.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- Keep an eye on your fries as they cook if possible. The cooking time and space needed to cook may differ depending on the size of your air fryer.
- If your fries don't seem to be cooking evenly, you may need to air fry in batches.
- For a smaller portion of fries, adjust the cooking time down so they don't burn.
- If you want to add seasoning, I recommend doing so at the halfway point before you toss everything.
- You don't need any oil for super crispy fries, but you can spray the air fryer basket with some nonstick spray if you're worried about sticking.
📌 Making super easy and crowd pleasing frozen fries in the air fryer is a guaranteed hit for your weeknight dinners! Great for curbing fast food cravings and catering to even the pickiest of eaters.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Add a couple shakes of salt to add a little bit of flavor.
- Lots of seasonings can make your fries pop. Try bringing in some of the flavors from whatever main course you're serving for a cohesive and delicious dinner!
- Some seasoning ideas: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, smoked paprika.
- Try cooking other varieties of fries like waffle fries or sweet potato fries in your air fryer as well!
🥫 Storage and Reheating
Allow your fries to cool and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They should be good for 3-4 days.
To reheat, I recommend crisping them up in the air fryer again. If you microwave them, they'll just get mushy and soggy.
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
These air fryer frozen french fries make a great accompaniment to just about any meal! Pair them with Crock Pot Barbecue Burgers or Wonton Cheeseburger Cups for a fast food inspired dish, or serve them alongside a Grilled Avocado Sauerkraut Sandwich or Pan Fried Chicken Thighs with Green Beans!
Since you're firing up the air fryer anyway, why not serve those fries with these air fryer directions for Aldi red bag chicken? It's an easy way to get dinner on the table quickly!
✔️ More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken - A delicious entree that can be prepared in the air fryer and is loaded with bold flavors.
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots - It's easy to prepare delicious veggies to serve healthy meals to your family!
- Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls - Great as an appetizer or a finger food entree.
- Pumpkin Pie Bombs - From Honeybunch Hunts, this tasty dessert is made with biscuit dough and pumpkin pie filling!
Frozen Fries in the Air Fryer
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- .5 pound frozen French fries
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Add the fries to the air fryer basket..5 pound frozen French fries
- Cook the fries at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, toss the fries a couple of times, and then cook them for another 10 minutes.
- Depending on the size and shape of your air fryer basket, you may need to adjust the fry amount. It’s always a good idea to check the status of your fries during the cooking process as all air fryers will cook differently.
- Take care to not overfill your air fryer basket - about halfway is the maximum it should be filled. If you’re cooking a smaller portion of fries, you’ll want to adjust the cooking time down.
- Adjust the time to get the level of crispiness you prefer.
- You can add your own seasoning to these fries at the halfway mark when you toss them.
- No oil is needed for this recipe. However if you would like to be very sure that your fries won't stick to the basket, coat it with a bit of nonstick cooking spray before adding the fries.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.