Air Fryer Roasted Carrots are a quick and easy side dish and your new favorite way to prepare carrots! This dish is so flavorful and the seasoning blend balances perfectly with sweet honey.
Simple enough to make for a fast and healthy side for weeknight dinners, this healthy veggie side is also perfect for holidays and special occasions of every kind!
- 💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- 🧂 Ingredients Needed
- 🔪 Instructions
- ❔ FAQs
- 💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- 💡 Substitutions and Variations
- 🥫 Storage and Reheating
- ⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
- 🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
- ✔️ More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes You'll Love
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- 📋 Recipe Card
- 💬 Reviews and Comments
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
These honey roasted carrots are your new favorite weeknight veggie side dish! With only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time, this recipe produces a sweet and savory side that's packed with nutrition.
It's so easy to cook carrots in the air fryer. Not only is this recipe fast and tasty, it's also extremely versatile. Great as a quick side dish for a school night meal but elegant enough to serve for holidays or Sunday dinner.
If you love serving roasted carrots, you should also try these yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots. Healthy and so flavorful!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- carrots - a super healthy and delicious vegetable that gets nice and toasty in the air fryer.
- olive oil - ensures that your carrots will be crispy and golden on the outside.
- honey - provides a delicious sweetness.
- thyme - adds an aromatic and savory twist that pairs well with the honey.
- salt - helps pull all of the flavors together.
- Rinse your carrots and cut them into quarters.
- Add olive oil, honey, thyme, and salt to the carrots and toss to ensure even coating.
- Air fry at 380 degrees F for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through to ensure even cooking.
Absolutely! There's no need to cook your carrots at all before air frying them. Raw carrots will get nice and tender in the air fryer.
Yes, as long as you use the proper methods to reheat. I recommend reheating in the air fryer or the oven. If you microwave them, they may get mushy.
Some fresh chopped parsley is a great way to add a pop of color and garnish your honey roasted carrots!
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- Don't overload the air fryer basket. Allowing space between the carrots will promote even cooking. You may have to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Be sure the carrots are nice and dry before adding the other ingredients. This will ensure that they get nice and crispy and have no issues cooking.
📌 You'll love air fryer roasted carrots as a healthy and reliable veggie side dish. With the perfect balance of sweet and savory, these honey roasted carrots are great for even the pickiest eaters!
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- To speed things up even more, use baby carrots to cut down on the prep of washing and slicing your own carrots. The flavor may be a bit different but it will still achieve the same effect!
- Maple syrup can be used as the sweet component instead of honey.
- For a bit of heat, add red pepper flakes.
- Top with a drizzle of oil and/or balsamic glaze.
- Another great way to add sweetness is to use some brown sugar and melted butter instead of oil. I would exclude the thyme if you go with this variety.
🥫 Storage and Reheating
Leftover carrots can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat, pop them back in the air fryer for about 10 minutes.
You can also easily freeze these carrots. To reheat, cook them directly from frozen. Letting them thaw can lead to mushy carrots.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
To make prep faster, you can always wash and slice your carrots ahead of time and store them in the fridge. I recommend doing this a day or two before making your air fryer roasted carrots, but not too much longer before that.
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
This tasty side dish is a great companion for any meal! For something fast and easy for any night of the week, served honey roasted carrots with Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls or Easy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas. For a more elegant sit-down dinner, pair with Shrimp Scampi Without Wine or Sous Vide Ribeye Steak!
✔️ More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes You'll Love
- Air Fryer Broccoli - A great way to prepare crisp and flavorful broccoli.
- Air Fryer Cauliflower - This versatile cauliflower dish can be customized with any seasonings you like!
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes - Makes a perfect side dish with yummy potatoes.
- Air Fryer Mixed Vegetables - If you can't get enough of veggies in the air fryer, Spend With Pennies has a great recipe that will teach you how to air fry pretty much any veggie you could think of!
Honey Roasted Carrots
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Rinse, peel, cut the carrots into quarters and place them into a large mixing bowl.1 pound carrots
- Add the olive oil, honey, thyme, and salt to the bowl and toss to coat.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the carrots into the air fryer and air fry at 380 degrees F for 10 minutes, then toss and cook for another 10 minutes.
- If desired, serve with chopped parsley and an extra drizzle of honey.fresh parsley, for garnish
- You can substitute maple syrup for honey.
- Use baby carrots for even faster prep (no need to wash and peel).
- For even cooking, don't overload the air fryer basket. Cook in two batches if needed.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.