For a simple but tasty side dish, try these Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots! With only 5 ingredients and ready in 30 minutes, this is a great way to prepare a delicious veggie side without all of the stress and effort.
Making roasted carrots and brussels sprouts in the oven will quickly become a go-to weeknight veggie option!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
I love a quick and easy vegetable recipe. Roasted veggies has quickly become my favorite way to prepare them. They're perfect for weeknight dinners when you need to get something healthy but easy out on the table, but a dish like these roasted brussels sprouts and carrots is also sophisticated enough to serve for a weekend meal or even your holiday dinner!
With only 5 ingredients you can find in any grocery store and 30 minutes from prep to table, this veggie dish is a major crowd pleaser. It's delicious and adaptable, and I can promise you'll never get tired of these crispy and tender roasted veggies!
If you aren't as much a fan of roasted carrots, you could also try my Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic or Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables, which make for a similarly easy and tasty side, or this quick and easy recipe for Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. And if you love carrots, try these sweet and savory Air Fryer Roasted Carrots!
By the way, this side goes wonderfully with a perfectly cooked bottom round roast, which is an affordable but elegant main dish, great for family meals or for dinner guests!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- brussels sprouts - cut them in half for more surface area and more even roasting.
- carrot chips - you can also use baby carrots.
- melted butter - helps your veggies get nice and crispy on the outside during the roasting process.
- bread crumbs - I like to use seasoned bread crumbs for some extra flavor.
- Parmesan cheese - makes your veggies salty and cheesy.
- Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large bowl.
- Pour the melted butter over the veggies, then add bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss well to coat.
- Bake in a single layer on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees F, or until golden brown.
This is an extra step that isn't necessary. Blanching them can lead to sprouts that are more crispy with a more tender inside, but this is typically more important when roasting them whole.
For a recipe like this one, absolutely, and especially for particularly large brussels sprouts. This will allow for more surface area for the butter and seasonings to adhere to, which means even more caramelization and outer crispiness. Smaller pieces will also roast through more thoroughly.
This isn't a must, but if you prefer a cleaner look it can be a nice step to take. If you don't peel them, be sure to give them a scrub to remove any dirt or debris. For this recipe, using carrot chips or even baby carrots will automatically remove this step anyway!
If you're not pleased with the consistency of your sprouts (or carrots) and find they're too chewy or mushy, you may need to give them more space on the baking sheet. If the heat isn't well distributed, this can lead to an uneven roast.
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- Carrot chips help save time, but if you like using whole carrots, wash them thoroughly, cut into about 3 sections, then cut into thinner strips, about ¼ inch.
- If using baby carrots, it can also be helpful to cut them lengthwise into long pieces of similar sizes.
- Line your sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper for even easier cleanup.
- If any of the outer leaves fall off the sprouts when you cut them, feel free to toss them with the other veggies. They'll get crispy and toasty in the oven!
- If you wash your veggies, be sure to dry thoroughly with some cloth or a paper towel. Moisture will prevent crispiness.
Roasted carrots and brussels sprouts make the perfect easy side dish recipe to pair with any main course that's prepared on the stovetop--just pop them in the oven and let them roast while you work on your entree!
- You can use olive oil instead of melted butter if you prefer.
- For a sweeter twist to this great recipe, coat the veggies with some balsamic vinegar or even maple syrup before baking. (You may want to omit the cheese in this case.)
- Because this recipe is so simple, there are countless ingredients you can add to make it your own! Additional components like onions, sweet potatoes, crushed nuts, sunflower seeds, garlic, fresh herbs, mustard, paprika, turmeric, black pepper, or your favorite herbs and seasonings would all go perfectly with roasted carrots and sprouts. You can even add some cayenne or red pepper flakes for a nice medium heat with your dish.
🍲 Suggested Main Courses
If you're not sure what to serve alongside your roasted carrots and brussels sprouts, here are some great savory dishes to add to your dinner rotation.
Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes or Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken are options with lots of hearty protein, or you could serve them with quick and easy Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs.
This super easy one skillet Cheese Tortellini Recipe is another perfect main dish to pair with your Brussels sprouts and carrots! It's easy, hearty, and contains the nutritional goodness of zucchini (but the kids will never notice!).
Why not make these roasted veggies to round out a nice meal with Stovetop Mac and Cheese? Or serve with a hearty Sous Vide Ribeye Steak!
🌽 More Vegetable Side Dishes You'll Love
- Garlic Butter Microwave Broccoli - A fast and flavorful veggie side that pairs well with just about any dish!
- Air Fryer Green Beans - In just 10 minutes you can make this quick and easy green bean recipe.
- Crispy Sauteed Potatoes - Flavorful and tender, these sauteed potatoes are a hearty and comforting side for any meal, any time of day.
- Easy Southern Collard Greens - This authentic soul food recipe from Stay Snatched is perfect for Sunday dinners and the holiday season!
- Oven Roasted Brown Sugar Carrots - If you like cooked carrots, you will love this flavorful recipe!
Roasted Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots Recipe
- 16 ounces fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 8 ounces carrot chips
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the brussels sprouts and carrots in a large bowl.16 ounces fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved, 8 ounces carrot chips
- Pour the melted butter over the vegetables, then add the bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese. Add the salt (if desired).2 tablespoons melted butter, ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs, ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon salt
- Toss well to coat.
- Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet in a single layer, then bake for 20-25 minutes, until the brussels sprouts are tender.
- You can substitute olive oil for melted butter if desired.
- I like to use carrot chips to minimize prep time, but you can also buy fresh whole carrots, wash thoroughly, and slice into approximately 3 inch segments and then slice the segments lengthwise into ¼ thick strips. Or you can use baby carrots and slice lengthwise into ¼ inch thick strips.
- Use aluminum foil or parchment paper to line your baking tray for easier cleanup.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks so much for reading! I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
And you might want to check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!
I just started enjoying brussels sprouts! I don't have a lot of recipes to try, so this one will definitely be made!
These veggies make such a great side dish! They come together so quickly, and roasting adds such a nice depth of flavor.
I just love these and the carrots compliment the brussels with sweetness and so easy to make and delicious!
This was such a great side dish with dinner! Quick, easy and pairs perfectly with just about anything!