Easy, no-yeast recipe for creating soft pretzel bites, with yummy green olives and Parmesan cheese baked right in!
Who loves soft pretzels? I do, I do! 🙂
I wanted to make soft pretzel bites, but I wanted it to be quick and easy with only a few steps and a brief ingredient list. To me, 'quick and easy' means no yeast! I know yeast is awesome, but I just don't have time for all that rising, and resting, and rising again nonsense. And kneading?!?! The thought of it exhausts me LOL.
These turned out great, and they really are easy! The hardest part is cutting the butter into the flour, but I honestly didn't sweat that too much. Once I couldn't really see the butter anymore, I called it done and moved to the next step.
This is not a fussy recipe, which is exactly the kind of recipe I like!
Everyone in the family loved these. However, there was a little debate as to whether they were really like soft pretzels, because they also have a little bit of a biscuity texture (is 'biscuity' a word? Oh well, now it is, ha!)
So, we never really resolved that debate. DH maintains that they are mini-biscuits, but Thing 2 and I think they are like soft pretzels. Thing 1 was off at college when I made these, but when he gets home I will make another batch so we can get his opinion too!
In any event, the good news is that this is a versatile recipe. You can call them pretzel bites and serve them as a snack or appetizer. OR, call them biscuits and serve them as a side dish at dinner. You have options!!
By the way, these are super-delicious dipped in your favorite mustard. (Just like a pretzel. See why I think they are pretzels? LOL)
Have you checked out my Facebook Page? Send me pics of your pretzel bites when you make them. I always love to see how your recipes turn out. And if you're looking for another delicious snack, check out my Crab Shack Popcorn!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Olive Parmesan Pretzel Bites
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Olive Parmesan Pretzel Bites
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Add the flour to a medium bowl, then cut the butter pieces into the flour (I just used a fork to smush it in)2 cups flour, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Add the sugar, baking powder, salt, and Parmesan cheese and mix.2 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, ⅛ teaspoon salt, ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- Add the chopped olives and mix.½ cup chopped green olives
- Add the milk, a little at a time, and combine until it forms a dough. Don't worry if you don't quite use all the milk.⅔ cup milk
- Pull out a chunk of the dough, form it into a long snake
- Place the pieces on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Cut into bite sized pieces
- Repeat until all the dough has been rolled and cut.
- Brush the pretzel bites with the beaten egg.1 egg
- Sprinkle with course salt.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Serve warm for best results, with mustard for dipping.
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!