This delicious Air Fryer Baby Potatoes recipe ensures that you create the perfect side dish every time! A super easy recipe with only a few basic ingredients, even home chefs who are just starting out will nail this tasty side.
Using the air fryer ensures that your side dish won’t take up the stove or space in the oven, and you can customize these baby potatoes with your own seasonings to make them perfect for your tastes!
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
These air fryer mini potatoes make for the perfect weeknight side dish! With only a couple of ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a filling and satisfying side dish on your dinner table with no stress.
This dish is extremely customizable, so feel free to season as you see fit! It's super easy to make baby potatoes in the air fryer and serve your family a tasty and healthy side dish that they won't be able to get enough of.
And if you want to eat potatoes for every meal (because who doesn't?), try these Crispy Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes as well!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- baby potatoes - with lots of health benefits, baby potatoes are super easy to work with and will be a huge hit with even the pickiest eaters.
- olive oil - ensures that your potatoes get nice and crispy on the outside.
- salt and pepper - provide a good amount of flavor without much fuss.
- After washing, slice your baby potatoes into bite-sized chunks and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through to ensure even cooking.
You can, but it isn't mandatory. Soaking the potatoes (and then drying them well) will achieve a super-crispy texture when air fried, and can also prevent the potatoes from sticking together. If you like a crispy outside with a tender inside, you can skip the soaking step.
Yes! Like everything, they should be eaten in moderation, but potatoes have lots of health benefits. Potatoes are loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, are naturally gluten-free, and can even help regulate blood sugar and improve digestion! Best of all, they're nice and filling, which means you'll stay full for longer and eat less.
Sure! If you can't find baby red potatoes, you can also use any other soft skin potato;. Yukon Gold is a good option. Just be sure to cut them into small enough pieces!
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- Try not to layer the potatoes too much in the air fryer basket; space between them promotes good air circulation and will lead to crispier potatoes and more even cooking. You may have to cook the potatoes in more than one batch depending on the size of your air fryer.
- If you like them extra crispy, soak your potatoes for 20 minutes before air frying. Be sure to dry them well, as any excess moisture can inhibit the air frying process!
- Be sure to toss the potatoes halfway through cooking to ensure that they cook evenly and get crispy all the way around.
- This recipe is great for air fryers with a 4-quart capacity or greater. Anything smaller and you should probably cook in batches or cut the recipe in half.
- Some air fryers don't go all the way up to 400 degrees, so you may need to turn it to its highest setting and give the potatoes a few extra minutes.
📌 You'll love this recipe for air fryer baby potatoes. Season and customize it to your liking to achieve the best possible side dish that you'll love serving to your family and loved ones. Great for a quick weeknight side but can also be served with an elegant Sunday dinner!
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- This recipe can also be served as a main course! Add sour cream, bacon, and shredded cheese to make deconstructed baked potatoes.
- Add any seasonings you'd like to match these air fryer mini potatoes to the main course you're serving! Here are some ideas: smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, thyme, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, red pepper flakes, curry powder. But feel free to experiment and use whatever you like!
🥫 Storage and Reheating
These air fryer mini potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or so, or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
To reheat, I recommend tossing them back in the air fryer, potentially with a very light drizzle of additional oil. From frozen, let them thaw in the fridge (overnight, if possible) and follow the same method.
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
Making baby potatoes in the air fryer is a great way to compliment just about any main course! Serve your potatoes with Easy Thai Salmon or Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese for a fast and simple meal, or pair with Crock Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Soup for an elegant dinner. If you can't get enough of your air fryer, you can also make this Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken for a bold and fun main course!
✔️ More Potato Recipes You'll Love
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup - An easy and comforting soup, great for a hearty meal during the colder months!
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes - This one skillet meal combines steak and potatoes into a 20-minute dish that will become an instant favorite.
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chips - Homemade potato chips with a candy coating make for a delicious snack or edible gift around the holidays.
- Air Fryer Lamb and Potatoes - A delicious and hearty meal that's easy to cook in the air fryer.
- Scalloped Potatoes - This recipe from Spend with Pennies is an inexpensive way to make this filling and savory potato casserole!
Air Fryer Mini Potatoes
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Wash the potatoes, slice them in half or into bite sized pieces, and place them in a large mixing bowl.3 pounds baby potatoes
- Drizzle the potatoes with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Toss the potatoes to coat.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Toss well and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
- Soak the cut potatoes in water for 20 minutes and pat dry for extra crispiness!
- This recipe can work as a main dish. Serve with sour cream, bacon bits, and cheese for a delicious loaded baked potato dish!
- It’s important to toss the potatoes halfway through the cooking process so that they cook evenly and crisp nicely.
- This recipe works with 4-quart or larger air fryers. To use a smaller one, cut the recipe in half or cook only half at a time.
- If your air fryer doesn’t reach 400 degrees, use the closest setting it gives. You may need to add another minute or two to the cooking time.
- Add any seasonings to switch up the flavors or to match the main course they are accompanying.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks so much for reading! I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
And you might want to check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!
These baby potatoes were so crispy and flavorful made in the air fryer! Will never make in my oven again!
Crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside. These air fryer baby potatoes are a perfect side dish.
Another reason to use my amazing air fryer!! I love how easy these potatoes are!
We love these baby potatoes and we love that they don't heat up the whole house to make them! Perfect!
I love this air fryer version of baby potatoes. So delicious. Thanks for sharing.