This Zucchini Walnut Fried Rice is seriously delicious. I cannot stress that enough! So flavorful! I am practically drooling right now just thinking about it.
And here’s the best part – this fried rice is healthier than regular fried rice. So skip the Chinese takeout and make this for dinner instead!
You are probably wondering – is it easy to prepare? YES! I had it ready in about 20 minutes, including slicing the zucchini. (I used a mandolin, but a food processor would be even faster!)
Adapted from Zucchini and Walnut Fried Brown Rice.
Zucchini Walnut Fried RicePrint Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini (enough for about 3 cups when sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (I used frozen, unthawed)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 16 ounces cooked brown rice (I used 2 pre-cooked pouches from the grocery store)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Slice the zucchini into thin rounds, and then slice the rounds in half.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame and vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and walnuts and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, mustard, salt, and scallions, mix thoroughly.
- Serve with some chopped scallions on top.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!