This fried rice is healthier than regular fried rice. So skip the Chinese takeout and make this for dinner instead!
This Zucchini Walnut Fried Rice is seriously delicious. I cannot stress that enough! So flavorful! I am practically drooling right now just thinking about it.
You are probably wondering – is it easy to prepare? YES! I had it ready in about 20 minutes, including slicing the zucchini. (I used a mandolin, but a food processor would be even faster!)
Adapted from Zucchini and Walnut Fried Brown Rice.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Zucchini Walnut Fried Rice
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Zucchini Walnut Fried RicePrint Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini (enough for about 3 cups when sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (I used frozen, unthawed)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 16 ounces cooked brown rice (I used 2 pre-cooked pouches from the grocery store)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Slice the zucchini into thin rounds, and then slice the rounds in half.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame and vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and walnuts and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, mustard, salt, and scallions, mix thoroughly.
- Serve with some chopped scallions on top.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!