This week, #SundaySupper is all about Dad’s Favorites Recipes in honor of Father’s Day, which is right around the corner! Sending a shout-out to Sarah from The Chef Next Door, who is this week’s event host. Thanks for all your hard work in making this happen, Sarah!
Chipotle Lime Cole Slaw is one of DH’s favorites. This side dish packs so much flavor, you just might completely forget about any other food being served with it! (Except for the brownies..or anything chocolate for that matter…chocolate trumps just about everything in my book!) The amazing flavor in and of itself makes this a great recipe for my husband, but what seals the deal for me is that it is also super-easy. So I can whip up a whole bunch in record time, which makes all the guys in my life happy!
I start with pre-shredded cabbage, which significantly cuts down on the work involved with making cole slaw. It costs a bit more, but for me it is worth it!
Just toss the cabbage with a few more readily available ingredients you probably already have in your house, and there you go! It is best if you can refrigerate the slaw overnight, or at least for a few hours to let the flavors set.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bag cole slaw (essentially shredded cabbage)
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and chipotle powder.
- Add the cole slaw and toss until well-coated.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours so all the flavors can set.
Check out all the #SundaySupper Dad’s Favorite recipes below!
Appetizers & Snacks:
- Best Popcorn Ever (with Nutritional Yeast!!) by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Easy Homemade Pretzel Recipe by April Golightly
- Nana’s Pimento Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bourbon Sweet Tea Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dad’s Favorite Blueberry Pancakes by Family Around The Table
- Steak & Egg Breakfast Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
Condiments & Sauces:
- Apple Crisp by Ninja Baker
- Banana Berry Bread by Desserts Required
- Blackberry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream by Simple and Savory
- Black Bourbon Walnut Brownies with Maple-Candied Bacon by The Crumby Cupcake
- Blueberry Ice Cream Cookie Bars by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cherry Garcia Bars by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes by Crazed Mom Lifestyle & Recipes
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coconut Cream Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Tempura Strawberries by Baking Sense
- German Chocolate Brownie Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Fresh Whipped Cream by Helpful Homemade
- Peach Crumble Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Personal Banana Cream Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Maizena Tamal by Basic N Delicious
- Mom’s Carrot Cake by Jennifer Cooks
- Bacon Patty Melts by Cookin’ Mimi
- BBQ Salmon Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by PancakeWarriors
- Beef Shepherd’s Pie Casserole by Cooking Chat
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Carolina-Style BBQ Burger by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee-Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fried Chicken by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Chicken and Beef Stir Fry by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Filet Mignon with Zip Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Italian Sausage and Peppers by Monica’s Table
- Moroccan Preserved Lemon Chicken Tagine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Philly Style Slow Roasted Pork Sandwich with Broccoli Rabe and Provolone by The Hungry Goddess
- Sharp Cheddar and Crispy Onion Burgers with Horseradish Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Skillet Spaghetti and Meatballs by From Gate to Plate
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Garlic-Chive Aioli by Wholistic Woman
- Turkey Chorizo Burgers with Guacamole by Books n’ Cooks
- Vegetarian “Philly Cheesesteak” by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Walnut Cauliflower Zucchini Boats by Beauty and the Beets
Plus What Dad Really Wants for Father’s Day from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Enjoy! And have a wonderful Father’s Day!
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!