These quick and crispy Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes make for the perfect breakfast item! Flavorful and so easy to make, you can have hearty restaurant-style home fries on your table in just 30 minutes, and you probably have all of the ingredients already in your kitchen!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Breakfast is one of my favorite things, and I love days when I'm able to do something a little bit special to treat myself and my family in the morning. These crispy breakfast potatoes are perfect for a special breakfast!
Ready in just 30 minutes, these are the best breakfast potatoes because they use spices that you most likely have already in your cabinets.
Not only that, but this recipe could be made as a side dish for any meal (breakfast for dinner, anyone?) and it's completely customizable!
Similar to these Crispy Sauteed Potatoes, this recipe is reliable and versatile and one you'll never grow tired of! And for more delicious potato recipes, try my 4 Ingredient Potato Soup or these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes.
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- red potatoes - you can use whatever potato you like, but I've found red potatoes are my favorite to use for this recipe.
- olive oil - helps yield crispy potatoes with a soft inside.
- minced garlic - can be substituted for garlic powder, but minced garlic will give you the best results.
- dried parsley flakes - for a pop of green and a slightly peppery and earthy flavor.
- paprika - adds a warm sweetness and leads to a nice golden color.
- dried rosemary - ties together all of the flavors into something aromatic and delicious.
- salt and pepper - use these to taste.
- Dice your potatoes into cubes.
- To a large bowl, add olive oil, minced garlic, dried parsley flakes, paprika, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer, then fry at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Toss every 10 minutes to prevent sticking.
These crispy breakfast potatoes pair well with just about anything. Pair them with eggs and bacon or sausage for a full meal, but serve them alongside any of your favorite breakfast foods and you won't be disappointed!
Yes, you can! You may need to add 5 or 10 minutes of cooking time to account for the potatoes being frozen, but it should yield the same results. Buying pre-diced frozen potatoes is one way to make this recipe even easier!
In good portions, yes! Potatoes may have some carbs, but they also contain things like fiber and iron and other nutrients. They also keep you full. Just be sure not to eat too many!
Yes, by putting the potatoes back in the air fryer at about 375 degrees F for a few minutes, you can heat them back to their former glory and maintain the crispiness. Spreading them out on a baking sheet and baking at the same temperature for about the same time also works. I don't recommend microwaving them, as they'll likely get mushy and won't be as enjoyable!
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- If you want extra crispy potatoes, soak them in cold water for half an hour after dicing. Be sure to rinse and then dry them well before tossing with the other ingredients.
- A tablespoon of cornstarch mixed into the seasonings can also help achieve extra crispiness.
- If cooking your potatoes from frozen, be sure to add some time in the air fryer to account for the difference.
- You can use fresh rosemary and parsley for this recipe by DIY drying herbs in your air fryer. Might as well put that air fryer to as much good use as possible, and get the best tasting dried herbs in the process!
These air fryer breakfast potatoes also work great as ingredients in dishes like breakfast casseroles, breakfast burritos, and more! Because they're made with simple ingredients, they're versatile and pair well with just about anything you can think of.
- There are lots of herbs and spices you can add to these crispy breakfast potatoes to customize them. Add some cayenne, chili powder, or red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat or some onion powder for some extra salty flavor.
- Drizzle some hot sauce over top of the potatoes if you really like spicy!
- While I used red potatoes, Yukon gold or russet potatoes are also viable options for this recipe.
- To add even more nutrition, include chopped vegetables like onion, green bell pepper, scallions, and more!
- Top your breakfast potatoes with cheese, bacon, and sour cream for added flavor and comfort.
🍳 Suggested Breakfast Recipes
For a full and hearty breakfast, serve your crispy potatoes alongside this Baked Egg Frittata with Ham. Or if you're more of a sweet breakfast kind of person, go with Crock Pot French Toast Casserole or this Banana Cinnamon French Toast.
If you want to try something a little different, serve your potatoes with this Baked Oatmeal from Two Peas & Their Pod.
🥔 More Potato Recipes You'll Love
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites with Potatoes - A hearty and filling meal that you can put together in 20 minutes in just one skillet!
- Chicken Tray Bake with Potatoes - This simple dish is one of my favorite ways to get a quick meal on the table during the week.
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges - One of my favorite air fryer recipes, these are great as a side dish or a snack on their own.
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chips - Craving something sweet? These decadent homemade potato chips are decorated with a layer of chocolate for a sweet and salty treat.
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Dice the potatoes into about ½ inch cubes (until you get about 4-5 cups of diced potatoes).4 large red potatoes
- Toss the potatoes in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients until evenly coated.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes, ½ tablespoon paprika, ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
- Spread the potatoes into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes or so to prevent sticking.
- For the crispiest potatoes, you can soak the diced potatoes in cold water for at least 30 minutes, then rinse and dry before tossing them with the other ingredients. I am too lazy to do this most of the time, but it works!
- Another trick for the maximum crispiness is to add about a tablespoon of cornstarch with the other ingredients and toss with the potatoes.
- Add some cayenne pepper to the mix for a bit of kick!
- Top your breakfast potatoes with some cheese, bacon pieces, sausage crumbles, chopped scallions, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!