These Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes are incredibly delicious and so simple to make! They’re seasoned to perfection and come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Only 5 ingredients and 22 minutes are needed to make this healthy and tasty side dish!
Serve with a dipping sauce such as with sour cream, guacamole, or blue cheese dressing. Or sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and gorgonzola crumbles for an elegant presentation! This recipe is perfect as a base that can be customized to suit any tastes!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
These easy and reliable air fryer sweet potato chunks are a must-have recipe for any home chef. Easy to make with only 5 ingredients, this is a quick side dish to make for a healthy weeknight meal.
In only 22 minutes from prep to serving, you can prepare this simple sweet potato side dish. It's delicious as is but also versatile--feel free to customize to your own taste! Just like these Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes, this is a foolproof way to prepare sweet potatoes.
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- sweet potatoes - filling and loaded with nutrients, sweet potatoes are a great base for any side dish.
- spray oil - I like to use avocado oil, but any spray oil will do.
- garlic salt - for a burst of salty flavor.
- paprika - adds extra color and a warm earthy taste.
- black pepper - rounds out the simple seasoning blend.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into cubes (1 to 1 ½ inch chunks).
- Place in a bowl and spray with oil.
- Add garlic salt, paprika, and black pepper and toss to coat well.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, then cook an additional 4 minutes, until crispy.
No, sweet potatoes aren't as starchy as regular potatoes, so there's no real need to soak them before air frying.
The easiest method is to chop of both ends, cut each side so you're working with flat surfaces, and then cut into planks, then sticks, then cubes.
This is likely due to overcrowding. Try spreading them out and giving them room to breathe. You may need to air fry in a couple of batches.
Yes! The skin is a great source of fiber, antioxidants, and other nutrients, and can also help you feel fuller for longer. The skin may also get crispier than just the flesh of the potato in the air fryer.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- When purchasing sweet potatoes, look for potatoes that are relatively blemish and bruise free. Store them in a cool and dry place with good ventilation.
- Be sure to allow space between your sweet potato chunks to promote even air frying.
- Serve your sweet potatoes right after air frying. They'll get softer as they start to cool off.
- You may also be able to find pre-sliced sweet potatoes in stores, which will be a little pricier but will save on time.
You'll love these air fryer sweet potato cubes for how easy and tasty they are, not to mention all the health benefits! Feel good about serving your family this yummy side dish.
📖 Substitutions and Variations
- You can use olive oil spray instead of avocado oil, or if you don't have spray, use about half a tablespoon to a full tablespoon of oil.
- Substitute an equivalent amount of regular salt if you don't have garlic salt. You can also mix it with some garlic powder or minced garlic if you want to keep the garlic flavor.
- Regular paprika can be used in place of smoked paprika.
- Chipotle powder and chili powder are great options for some additional kick!
- This recipe will work with other potatoes like russet potatoes too.
🥫 Storage and Reheating
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them, though the texture might not be as good when they're thawed and reheated from frozen.
To reheat, pop them in the air fryer at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes or the oven at around 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
💡 What To Serve With This Dish
These air fryer sweet potato cubes make a great side dish with just about any main course. Try them with Crock Pot Pork Chops with Mushrooms, an easy 5 ingredient Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese, these Crock Pot Barbecue Burgers, or a filling and healthy One Pot Sausage and Couscous!
🥔 More Potato Recipes You'll Love
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup - Easy, filling, and healthy!
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chips - This sweet and salty treat makes a great snack or a special treat for the holidays.
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges - An easy and classic potato side dish that's so simple to make in the air fryer.
- Scalloped Potatoes - The Girl Who At Everything brings us a creamy and cheesy potato dish that's perfect for elegant meals!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chunks
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes
- avocado oil spray
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Slice the sweet potatoes into about 1-1 ½ inch chunks (no need to peel).3-4 medium sweet potatoes
- Place the sweet potato chunks in a large mixing bowl, spray with the oil, and toss briefly to coat.avocado oil spray
- Add the garlic salt, pepper, and paprika, and toss to coat.½ teaspoon garlic salt, ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place the chunks in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8 minutes, toss, then cook for another 4 minutes, until crispy. Cook in 2 or 3 batches if needed to avoid overcrowding the basket.
- You can substitute olive oil spray for the avocado oil spray. If you don't have spray oil, use ½-1 tablespoon of oil. You can use more if you like, but we prefer our potatoes to be minimally oily.
- If you don't have garlic salt, substitute the same of amount of regular salt. If you still want the garlic flavor you can then add some garlic powder or minced garlic as well.
- If you don't have smoked paprika, you can use regular paprika.
- Add a bit of chipotle powder for some additional kick!
- This recipe works well with russet potatoes too.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!