Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event.
Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th!
Before we get to the giveaway for today, I have a great bark recipe for you! Bark is easy to make and SOOOOO delicious. It makes a great gift for coworkers or your kids’ teachers, or take it to your next holiday party as a hostess gift.
Better yet, keep it for yourself and your family and enjoy the crunchy decadent treat beside the crackling fire and twinkling Christmas tree along with a creamy cup of hot chocolate!
My favorite thing about making bark is that it is so customizable. I made three different kinds of bark for this post, one with yogurt covered pretzels, one with dried cranberries, and one with seasonal sprinkles.
You can also use nuts, pieces of peppermint candy, cracker crumbles, or anything else you can dream up! I really liked the dried cranberries on top, but my favorite definitely was the yogurt covered pretzels. They were all great, though…so festive and fun!
I don’t think I need to tell you that this recipe was a hit with the family, especially Thing 2! 😉
Vanilla Wafer Holiday Bark
For the bark:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the toppings:
- 1 package yogurt covered pretzels and/or
- 1 package dried cranberries and/or
- Seasonal sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the vanilla wafers on the sheet in rows, touching each other. (When I reached the edges, I cut a few of the cookies so that they would fit.)
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and combine with the brown sugar. Bring to a boil and stir for about 5 minutes while boiling on low heat.
- Pour the butter and brown sugar mixture evenly over the vanilla wafers.
- Bake 3-5 minutes until bubbly.
- Take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- When the chips soften, spread them with a knife.
- Add desired toppings and gently press into the chocolate.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until cooled.
- When cool, remove from the refrigerator and break the bark into pieces.
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Coconut Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Covered Spoons by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Shortbread Bars by Juanita’s Cocina
- Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Holiday Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Pistachio Eggnog Bark by See Aimee Cook
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz by The Messy Baker
- Pokey Fudge by Ninja Baking
- Vanilla Wafer Holiday Bark by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Thumbprints by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buckeyes by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coconut Cream Tres Leches Cake by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Star Cookies by Masala Herb
- Nanny’s Pecan Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- My Mother-in-law’s Fudge by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peppermint Brownie Pops by Home Cooking Memories
- Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter Nutella S’Mores by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cranberry Yogurt Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake by Liv Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Peppermint Fudge by Like Mother Like Daughter
And now, on to the GIVEAWAY for today!
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Magimix by Robot-Coupe. Magimix has an impressive history, and is the inventor of the first food processor for home cooks. Their machines are still handmade in Burgundy, France, and they are the only company to manufacture their own motors which feature a 30 year guarantee!
Chefs Catalog is offering a new, exclusive Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor package. The food processor features nested bowls, stainless steel blades, and a large feed tube. The included blender attachment transforms the processor into a fully-functional blender, and the citrus press is ideal for extracting juice from all types of fresh fruits. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor (in white)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Magimix by Robot-Coupe. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!