Cake mix and crispy rice cereal give these cookies an amazing chocolatey taste and wonderful texture!
Quick, easy, and chocolatey. Sounds like my favorite kind of recipe!
I make these cookies for all sorts of occasions, and sometimes even when there is no occasion. I mean, every once in a while, you just need a chocolate cookie. Or two. Or two dozen. But who’s counting, right?
These are great for the kids to take to school, or to donate for bake sales, or to give as a hostess gift. This recipe is in my Christmas cookie repertoire as well, and they are always one of the first types to disappear from that holiday cookie tray!
I love how the cake mix combined with the chocolate chips gives the cookies a moist, chewy richness, and the crispy rice cereal adds a bit of crunch. The texture is almost my favorite part of the cookie. I say almost, because you can imagine how chocolatey these cookies are, considering they are made with dark chocolate cake mix AND semi sweet morsels. For a chocoholic like me, that means total yum!!
I don’t even really have to mention this, I am sure, but Thing 1 and Thing 2 are in agreement: THESE COOKIES ROCK! 🙂
- 1 package dark chocolate cake mix with pudding
- ⅓ cup semi sweet mini morsels
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape dough into balls approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes then remove from cookie sheet.