This No Churn Ice Cream is a super simple and tasty treat! With only 4 ingredients and no churning involved, you can have delicious, classic homemade Oreo ice cream right at your fingertips. It only takes 10 minutes to prepare and is even better than store-bought--try for yourself and see!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Even though summer is starting to approach its end, it's never too late for ice cream! I personally think ice cream is a treat that can be enjoyed during any season anyway, and this no churn ice cream is no exception.
This Oreo ice cream recipe is surprisingly easy to make and doesn't require any special equipment. All you need is a freezer and a little bit of patience, and you'll have delicious homemade cookies and cream ice cream!
And if this recipe gets you hooked on homemade ice cream, you have to try this Easy No-Churn Moscato Ice Cream too. Creamy, elegant, and the perfect dessert with a little boozy twist for the adults! Or for another kid friendly treat, make Easy Cherry Ice Cream!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- heavy whipping cream - whipping this up will make your ice cream fluffy and delicious.
- sweetened condensed milk - gives your ice cream a thick and creamy texture and ensures it freezes to the right consistency.
- vanilla extract - helps the ice cream base take on that classic vanilla ice cream flavor.
- crushed Oreo cookies - some places sell sandwich cookie crumbles so you don't even have to crush them yourself!
- Whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form, which should take about 3 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract, then whip for another minute to combine.
- Mix in the crushed cookies, only stirring until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan or bowl, cover with plastic, then chill in the freezer for at least 8 hours (or overnight).
This ice cream can be made without any special equipment or fussy ingredients. The inclusion of sweetened condensed milk helps the mixture freeze to the "ice cream" consistency that we all know and love. Classic churned ice cream usually includes some kind of egg component and has to be cooked and then churned to achieve the desired texture.
Ice cream that is higher in fats and, believe it or not, air, will melt more slowly. There are stabilizing agents (like skimmed milk powder) that can be added to slow down melting, and ensuring you're not using ingredients that are low-fat. The more fat content, the longer your ice cream will stay frozen.
Properly chilled ice cream should be firm but not solid and should be one singular mass. Just be sure to give it enough time in the freezer and you should be good to go!
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- When scooping ice cream, scoop with a slightly wet scoop. This will ensure that it slides easily through the ice cream. Don't use hot water, as a hot ice cream scoop will just melt the ice cream.
- The best ice cream is one that takes advantage of the fat content of its ingredients, so don't use something like half-and-half. This is a treat, and as long as you don't eat too much of it, the full fat content will be well worth it!
- You may also want to incorporate a pinch of salt into your ice cream batter to balance out all of the sweetness.
Homemade Oreo ice cream is the perfect dessert for summer but will be delicious any time of the year! With only 4 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep, you'll never splurge on store-bought ice cream again!
- This ice cream recipe is incredibly versatile: as long as you have the whipping creamed and sweetened condensed milk, you can pretty much add any mix-ins you want! Here are some more suggestions:
- chocolate chips or candy coated chocolate pieces
- mint extract (use some green food coloring for that mint green color too!)
- berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, whatever you like!)
- cocoa powder will make more of a chocolate ice cream
- peanut butter, hazelnut spread, or jam
- mini marshmallows
- peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts
- ice cream cone pieces
🍲 Suggested Main Dishes
If you're going to enjoy some ice cream, you've got to make sure you have a nice healthy meal first! These Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are full of protein and so flavorful, and they'll satisfy you but leave enough room for dessert (although, isn't there always room for dessert?). Some other delicious entrees you might want to serve before digging into this ice cream are this Shrimp Curry with Broccoli and Rice or Easy Roasted Veggie Pasta.
🧁 More Dessert Recipes
- Lemon Cookies - sweet and tangy, these cookies are another dessert that scream summertime.
- Chocolate Orange Cake - the combination of bittersweet chocolate and tart orange make for the perfect dessert pairing!
- Kahlua and Cream Fudge - making fudge at home is probably easier than you think, and this unique variety is so delicious.
- Funfetti Cupcakes - These delicious treats make any occasion fun and extra special. Can’t decide between cookies or cupcakes? You don’t need to with this dessert that has 3 layers of deliciousness in every bite.
- Cherry Ice Cream - Another easy no-churn ice cream that only requires 3 ingredients!
Homemade Oreo Ice Cream Recipe
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Cookies and Cream No Churn Ice Cream
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 15 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies (or more, if desired)
- In a heavy bowl, whip the heavy cream on high for about 3 minutes, until stiff peaks form.16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, then whip on high for an additional minute.15 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the crushed cookies and whip for another 20 seconds or so.1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- Scrape the mixture into a loaf pan or freezer safe bowl, cover, and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Scoop ice cream with a wet (but not warm) ice cream scoop to make things easier on yourself.
- Be sure to buy the ingredients as listed; low-fat or low-sugar ingredients won't yield the same results.
- If your ice cream is overwhelmingly sweet, before cutting out any ingredients, try adding a pinch of salt instead.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!