You're going to love this recipe for easy fudge! It's simple to make and not fussy in the least. Infused with Kahlua and Cream, it's your favorite cocktail in candy form and perfect for your holiday cookie tray!
Update Notes:This post was originally published in February 2018, but was republished with tips, step by step photos, and a recipe change in December 2019.
Best Easy Fudge Recipe
In my younger days, Kahlua and Cream was one of my favorite cocktails. It's like a White Russian, but without the vodka. If I was serving it at home, often I would just mix the Kahlua with a little milk, but of course, using real cream is really the best!
What I really love about a Kahlua and Cream cocktail is the sweet, coffee-like flavor, and the creamy, silky texture. It's so versatile! Have you tried my recipe for Kahlua and Cream French Toast?
I rest my case!
Then I got to thinking, it would be perfect as a fudge! And so I started experimenting with Kahlua as an ingredient in this super quick and easy recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Simple Fudge Recipe
Ingredients for Recipe for Easy Fudge
- milk chocolate chips - for chocolatey goodness
- sweetened condensed milk - an easy shortcut for fudge making
- Kahlua - or any brand of coffee liqueur
- white chocolate chips - to sprinkle on top and for drizzling
What makes fudge.... well, fudge?
Fudge is a candy made by mixing sugar, butter, and milk, heating it to the soft-ball stage at 240 °F. You must continue to beat it until it cools so that it acquires a smooth, silky consistency.
Best news? The method used here produces a recipe for easy fudge and isn't fussy in the least! No soft-ball stage or checking with a thermometer. No beating until your arm falls off - this recipe is so much easier!
How long does homemade fudge last?
Stored well sealed in the refrigerator, it will last at least three weeks! I've made it ahead and frozen it also and have been very pleased with the results.
The best way to store fudge is to wrap it in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil. Place in a ziplock bag squeezing all of the air out of it. Date the bag and place in the freezer, it will last up to three months.
Why is my homemade fudge grainy?
If you're using a recipe that calls for dissolving sugar, or beating as described above, that can easily happen.
Not to sound like a broken record here... but that's why I love this recipe for fudge - it's just so easy! No candy thermometer, no soft-ball stage, etc! It's just so easy to make with perfect results every time!
What is the best way to slice fudge?
- Refrigerate it for at least 3 hours.
- Remove and place onto a flat chopping board.
- Use a large sharp flat knife. Dip it in boiling water. Dry it completely.
- Take the knife and use it to cut one long slice. The heat from the blade will help it to easily slice the fudge.
- Repeat for each cut.
Does the alcohol stay in the fudge?
Yes, there isn't enough cooking going on here to evaporate the alcohol, so this should be a 'grownups-only' treat!
In fact, you should be careful with anything that has alcohol as an ingredient. It takes a lot longer than you would think for all the alcohol to dissipate. For more information, you can check out this study about the alcohol retention in food preparation.
How to make Recipe for Easy Fudge!
For the 'cream' part, I decided to use white chocolate chips on top of the fudge. And then, because you can never overdo the garnish on a sweet treat like this, I also drizzled some melted white candy melts over top.
So festive and delicious!
Steps to make Kalua and Cream Fudge Recipe
- Add the milk chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir, then microwave for another 30 seconds, and stir. Repeat as necessary at 20 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Add the Kahlua and mix until completely combined.
- Pour into pan lined with wax paper.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the fudge and press lightly so they will secure in the fudge. Refrigerate 3-4 hours until set.
- Slice the fudge into squares and drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.
Kahlua and Cream Fudge
Check out more easy fudge recipes!
And if you are REALLY crazy about fudge, be sure and check out 40+ Mouthwatering Fudge Recipes. There's something here for everyone!
If you're looking for more treats to round out your cookies for Santa, a few more of my favorites are here:
I tell you there's something for everyone here on the blog!
Variations for Kahlua and Cream Fudge
- Use a different liqueur, like Bailey's Irish Cream or even rum.
- To make this non-alcoholic, substitute brewed coffee for the Kahlua.
- Use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips for a less sweet result.
Kahlua and Cream FudgeIf you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
Kahlua and Cream FudgePrint Recipe
- Place the milk chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave another 30 seconds and stir. If needed, microwave again, 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until all the chocolate chips are melted.
- Add the Kahlua and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the fudge and press in slightly.
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours until set.
- Cut the fudge into square chunks and drizzle with the melted white chocolate chips, if desired.
- To make this for children or anyone who cannot have alcohol, substitute brewed coffee for the Kahlua.
- If you like your fudge a little less sweet, use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the milk chocolate chips.
- Don't over-microwave. Once the chocolate chips are about halfway melted, just keep stirring and the rest will melt while you mix.
- If you have trouble with the drizzle garnish, use white candy melts instead of the white chocolate chips.
- Store fudge in the refrigerator, up to three weeks, or in the freezer (wrapped very well) up to three months.