Not only are these quesadillas STUFFED with veggies, but they are also easy to prepare and need no other side dishes!
Here’s an oldie but goodie for you! I posted this recipe way back when I first started this site. It is a great recipe, but at the time I was just starting to learn how to take nice photos of food, so the original pictures aren’t that great.
Plus, as time went on, the recipe evolved here and there, and now it is even more delicious. So I thought I would post it again, with updated pictures and instructions!
Have your kids ever REQUESTED a dish that was chock-full of veggies? It doesn’t happen very often, that’s for sure. But this recipe is one that mine request often! And I am happy to make it for them!
I used flour tortillas here, but to maximize the nutritional value, you can use whole grain tortillas. Also, I try to minimize the amount of olive oil I use to keep the calorie count in check.
This recipe is easy to make vegan, just find (or make) vegan tortillas and substitute vegan cheese. I plan to make these for my mom the next time she comes to visit (hi, Mom!).
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Cheesy Zucchini Spinach Quesadillas
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Cheesy Zucchini Spinach QuesadillasPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small green zucchini (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 large or 2 small yellow zucchini (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic (add more if you really like garlic!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 bag baby spinach (can use frozen spinach in a pinch, just thaw it first)
- 8 ounces shredded colby and monterey jack cheese
- Warm the olive oil over medium heat, then add the green and yellow squash and garlic and cook until softened but not mushy, about 5-8 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Brush or spray one side of a tortilla with a little bit of olive oil. Place in a skillet pre-heated over medium heat, with the oil side down. Cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown on the bottom, then remove.
- Brush or spray one side of another tortilla with olive oil. Place in the skillet, oil side down. Moving quickly, distribute about 1/4 of the cooked zucchini, spread a layer of spinach over the zucchini, then sprinkle about 1/4 of the shredded cheese over the whole thing.
- Top with the browned tortilla (browned side up). Cook for a few minutes until the bottom tortilla is golden brown on the bottom and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to prepare each of the remaining 3 servings.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!