Not only are these quesadillas STUFFED with veggies, but they are also easy to prepare and need no other side dishes!
Here's an oldie but goodie for you! I posted this recipe way back when I first started this site. It is a great recipe, but at the time I was just starting to learn how to take nice photos of food, so the original pictures aren't that great.
Plus, as time went on, the recipe evolved here and there, and now it is even more delicious. So I thought I would post it again, with updated pictures and instructions!
Have your kids ever REQUESTED a dish that was chock-full of veggies? It doesn't happen very often, that's for sure. But this recipe is one that mine request often! And I am happy to make it for them!
I used flour tortillas here, but to maximize the nutritional value, you can use whole grain tortillas. Also, I try to minimize the amount of olive oil I use to keep the calorie count in check.
This recipe is easy to make vegan, just find (or make) vegan tortillas and substitute vegan cheese. I plan to make these for my mom the next time she comes to visit (hi, Mom!).
And if you're looking for more great zucchini recipes, try these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Cheesy Zucchini Spinach Quesadillas
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
Cheesy Zucchini Spinach Quesadillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small green zucchini (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 large or 2 small yellow zucchini (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic (add more if you really like garlic!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 bag baby spinach (can use frozen spinach in a pinch, just thaw it first)
- 8 ounces shredded colby and monterey jack cheese
- Warm the olive oil over medium heat, then add the green and yellow squash and garlic and cook until softened but not mushy, about 5-8 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 large or 2 small green zucchini, 1 large or 2 small yellow zucchini, ½ tablespoon minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste
- Brush or spray one side of a tortilla with a little bit of olive oil. Place in a skillet pre-heated over medium heat, with the oil side down. Cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown on the bottom, then remove.8 large tortillas
- Brush or spray one side of another tortilla with olive oil. Place in the skillet, oil side down. Moving quickly, distribute about ¼ of the cooked zucchini, spread a layer of spinach over the zucchini, then sprinkle about ¼ of the shredded cheese over the whole thing.1 bag baby spinach, 8 ounces shredded colby and monterey jack cheese
- Top with the browned tortilla (browned side up). Cook for a few minutes until the bottom tortilla is golden brown on the bottom and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to prepare each of the remaining 3 servings.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way
I really enjoy quesadillas! And the added bonus is using up some of the zucchini we are getting now. Add cheese to it and you got a great meal made in a hurry. Nice inspiration.
Tasty and healthy! I love these! Thanks for bringing this by Throwback Thursday and we're looking forward to next week's post already! I'll be pinning it to our board, so please follow us there! 🙂
Those look amazing!! Healthy, and they would be perfect for parties! Pinning this! Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty
This looks delicious. I will definitely try it! TFS! Visiting from the Creative Corner
Pinned and tweeted 🙂 Thank you for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday!
[email protected]'s Kitchen Adventures
I'm all about these veggie stuffed yummies! I'll be making these for lunch one day!
Carrie @Frugal Foodie Mama
Veggie quesadillas are one of my favorites (even over chicken ones), but only my youngest will eat them with me, lol. 😉 These look delicious!
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads
This looks like a recipe I'd love! Great ingredients and so full of nutrients! Wonderful recipe!
This veggie quesadilla is perfect for my lunch. I love how it is stock full of vegetables but still so tasty and satisfying.
Those look so good! There is something about food that is wrapped in a tortilla that just makes it more fun. What a great way to get kids to eat veggies!