Pumpkin pie flavor in a bite-sized, hand-held treat?!? Yes, please! I love all things pumpkin, especially pumpkin pie. In my family, we typically only enjoy pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. But as the leaves have started changing and the air has started getting chilly, we have found ourselves craving a little preview of that Thanksgiving treat.
These little rollups are so easy to prepare and are ready in minutes, so you don't have to spend a lot of time and effort to get that pumpkin pie experience. They are super-cute and delicious, too! I love the sweet creamy filling snugly wrapped between light flaky layers, and coated with a light cinnamon-sugar mixture for a little extra pizzazz. You may want to make a double batch, because they will get eaten up as soon as they are cool enough to snatch from the baking sheet!
Thing 2 rating = (4.5 biscuits out of 5). Of course, that is not too surprising for a dessert, but regardless I am always happy when I get Thing 2's approval! 🙂
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Rollups
For the rollups:
- 3 wedges Laughing Cow Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread
- 3 tablespoons canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated Splenda (or sugar)
- 8 ounces crescent roll dough (1 container, I used reduced fat)
For the coating:
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated Splenda (or sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Unwrap the wedges of the cream cheese spread and mash them together in a small bowl to make them easier to combine with the other ingredients.3 wedges Laughing Cow Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread
- Add the pumpkin, the pumpkin pie spice, and the 1/2 teaspoon Splenda, and mix until well combined. Set aside.3 tablespoons canned pure pumpkin, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 teaspoon granulated Splenda
- Remove the crescent roll dough from the container and unroll into a rectangle on a cutting surface.8 ounces crescent roll dough
- Cut the rectangle in half width-wise, then in quarters length-wise, to form 8 strips of dough.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese pumpkin filling on each strip and spread over the surface.
- Roll up each strip and set aside.
- Combine the cinnamon and 2 tablespoons Splenda in a shallow bowl.1 tablespoon cinnamon, 2 tablespoons granulated Splenda
- Roll each rollup in the cinnamon-Splenda mixture to coat.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Check out our full disclosure here.