Your grazing plate or fruit platter will be extra impressive when accompanied by this amazing cream cheese fruit dip. This easy recipe only requires 3 ingredients, and can be prepared in less than 5 minutes. Perfect as a sweet snack, dessert or appetizer!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Dip
A delicious dip isn't just for savory meals; it can also take a sweet dish or fruit to the next level. This easy fruit dip is so simple, but it works incredibly well! It's the perfect combination of sweet, creamy and fluffy, and it pairs perfectly with any sweet snack.
This is a great fruit dip recipe for entertaining. It's always popular at parties, and you can add any flavors that you like. I also like to use it as a sweet glaze or icing alternative for dessert, cakes or ice cream.
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- Cream cheese - Use plain, natural cream cheese. This gives the dip a fantastic flavor and texture.
- Marshmallow fluff - This sweet spread tastes like melted marshmallows! You can buy it in most supermarkets, or you can make your own by melting marshmallows in a microwave. The fluff makes the dip sweeter, and gives it a nice, light texture.
- Vanilla extract - Adds a little vanilla flavor. You can adjust the amount of vanilla to suit your preferences.
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature to soften. Alternatively, use spreadable cream cheese.
- Combine cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together using an electric mixer or whisk. This should only take a minute or two.
- Add any extra seasoning or vanilla extract to taste as required.
- Refrigerate the dip until you're ready to serve it, or serve immediately.
Absolutely! You can make this dip up to 3 days in advance, and store it in a sealed container in a fridge.
Yes, you can use marshmallows instead of fluff, but you will have to melt the marshmallows to a liquid consistency. You can do this on the stove, or in a microwave, however, it does tend to be a bit messy.
Your fruit dip could be lumpy if your cream cheese was too cold when you mixed it with the fluff. To solve this, you can leave the dip at room temperature, and mix it when the dip is a little warmer.
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- Try this cream cheese dip as a sweet topping for cheesecakes or brownies!
- You can also serve this as a sweet spread on French toast, bagels, pancakes or waffles.
- Make this dip up to 3 days in advance, or enjoy it over several days.
- Serve the dip chilled or at room temperature. It will have a thicker texture if you serve it refrigerated.
- Mix in whipped cream to give the dip a light and airy texture
- Change the flavor of the dip by adding other flavor extracts, like peppermint, orange, strawberry or maple extract.
- You can also add food coloring to change the color of the dip!
- Mix in chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, chocolate spread, peanut butter, smashed oreos or fresh berries for an exciting variation.
- Use vegan marshmallows and cream cheese for a vegan version. You can find these in most supermarkets these days!
🥨 Suggested Accompaniments
Not sure what to serve with your dip? Other than simply dipping fruit and crackers, here are some delicious treats that would pair perfectly with this cream cheese fruit dip:
- Christmas Pretzels - These delicious pretzels are perfect with a sweet dip.
- Berry Salad - Fruits and berries in a sweet dressing taste even better with the whipped cream cheese.
- Cinnamon Apple Chips with Salted Caramel Dip - Crispy apple chips are perfect for a sweet fruit platter.
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Rollups - The dip is the perfect glaze for this easy dessert.
- Date Energy Balls - These sweet and salty no bake energy balls pair perfect with a cream cheese dip.
- Puff Pastry Apple Pie - Drizzle the fruit dip over the apple pies like a glaze.
🥄 Related Recipes
- Guilt-Free Jalapeno Artichoke Dip - A creamy, cheesy dip with heat.
- Homemade Queso Dip Recipe - This smooth Tex Mex dip is perfect for entertaining.
- Super Easy Cinnamon Cannoli Dip - A delicious sweet party dip.
- Cilantro Lime Dip - Perfect to serve with tortilla chips!
- Chipotle Cheese Dip - An easy dip for game day.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipe
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Leave the cream cheese at room temperature for at least 1 hour to soften. This will make it easier to mix with the other ingredients.
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the dip with an electric mixer, such as a hand mixer or stand mixer, until the ingredients are just combined, about 1 minute.
- Serve the dip immediately, or keep it refrigerated until you're ready to serve it.
- Feel free to add any flavors, colors, or mix-ins that you like. Peppermint extract, food coloring, chocolate chips, peanut butter, oreos or mini marshmallows are great options.
- You can also use spreadable cream cheese in this recipe.
- Store any leftovers in a fridge for up to 3 days. This also means that you can prepare the dip 3 days in advance!
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!