You need to try this super easy Jalapeno Artichoke Dip. It's a creamy, cheesy, flavorful dip made with cream cheese, artichokes, and jalapenos, perfect for the big game or any party!
Lightened up and SOOO tasty, you are going to love this dip so much you might not even want to share it with guests! I confess I have made it several times just for
me the four of us to eat, and in fact I even used it in a chicken recipe so that I could legitimately have it for dinner, haha! (I will be sharing that recipe on the blog soon!)
This recipe is an evolution of a previous recipe I posted WAY back when I first started blogging. I decided I wanted to do a photo makeover, and I also tweaked the instructions a little for the slow cooker.
However, the microwave directions still work as well, and I will include them below, because sometimes you just need to have that snack in 4 minutes as opposed to 90! 🙂
I actually use jarred jalapenos in the recipe, and use the fresh jalapenos just for garnish.
I find fresh jalapenos to be a little bit of a pain to slice and remove the seeds, and for this recipe the jarred version works just as well and makes the recipe quicker to prepare!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Guilt-Free Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (fat-free or light)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (fat-free or light)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (fat-free or light)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (part-skim)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (reduced fat)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 28 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped (two 14 ounce cans)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno slices, finely chopped (from a jar)
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Mix thoroughly
- Cook on high 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Optional step for serving: top with another 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella and allow it to melt.
- Place all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high, then stir well.
- Microwave for another 2 minutes, or until hot.
- Optional step for serving: top with another 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella and allow it to melt (or zap it for another 30 seconds if needed).
- The cream cheese will mix in easier if it's softened. Zap it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds to do this quickly.
- The slow cooker method is better than the microwave method for serving the dip the same day. This is because the slow cooker method really allows the jalapeno flavor to permeate. However if you are making this a day or two ahead of time, either method works well because the flavors will have time to meld before serving.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!