Lightened up and SOOO tasty, you are going to love this dip so much you might not even want to share it with guests! I confess I have made it several times just for
me the four of us to eat, and in fact I even used it in a chicken recipe so that I could legitimately have it for dinner, haha! (I will be sharing that recipe on the blog soon!)
This recipe is an evolution of a previous recipe I posted WAY back when I first started blogging. I decided I wanted to do a photo makeover, and I also tweaked the instructions a little for the slow cooker.
However, the microwave directions still work as well, and I will include them below, because sometimes you just need to have that snack in 4 minutes as opposed to 90! 🙂
I actually use jarred jalapenos in the recipe, and use the fresh jalapenos just for garnish.
I find fresh jalapenos to be a little bit of a pain to slice and remove the seeds, and for this recipe the jarred version works just as well and makes the recipe quicker to prepare!
Recipe adapted from HungryGirl.com.
Guilt-Free Jalapeno Artichoke DipPrint Recipe
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 28 ounces artichoke hearts (two 14 ounce cans, drained and roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno slices (from a jar, finely chopped)
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Combine all ingredients except for 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place mixture in the slow cooker.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on high 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Combine all ingredients except for 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high, then stir well.
- Microwave for another 2 minutes, or until hot.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and allow it to melt (microwave another 10-20 seconds if needed).
This post contains affiliate links. Check out our full disclosure here.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!