This easy Jalapeno Artichoke Chicken Bake recipe is a great weeknight dinner idea. Your family will love the creamy, cheesy jalapeno artichoke dip smothered over boneless chicken thighs and topped with a crispy, buttery cracker topping!
Recently, I posted the recipe for my Guilt-Free Jalapeno Artichoke Dip. We love it SOOOOO much, I had to figure out a way to legitimately have it for dinner!
The creamy, cheesy dip is super tasty and so easy to make, and I really wanted to enjoy it more often than just the occasional get-together. So I decided to try it on top of chicken, and voila! A new dinner recipe was born!
I love to bake chicken for dinner. It is nice and easy at the end of a long day to just toss some chicken in a baking pan and stick it in the oven. You can use this recipe with chicken breasts or thighs, either will work well!
Recently I started using boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts. They are not that much different nutritionally, and the dark meat adds even more flavor to this recipe.
To make things super-easy, you can make the jalapeno artichoke dip head of time, store it in the refrigerator, and then just pull it out when you are ready to bake your chicken.
You can even use your slow cooker to make the dip, if you want (directions can be found HERE).
I ended up making this dinner a few times to get the recipe just right, and then again to capture photos, and I am happy to report that the boys and DH did not mind at all that I served this multiple times over a span of a few weeks!! 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Jalapeno Artichoke Chicken Bake
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Jalapeno Artichoke Chicken BakePrint Recipe
For the Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts (2 cans, drained and roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno slices (from a jar, finely chopped)
For the chicken bake:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs*
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 16-20 buttery crackers (like Ritz or Town House), crumbled
For the jalapeno artichoke dip:
- Combine all ingredients except for ½ cup mozzarella cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high, then stir well.
- Microwave for another 2 minutes, or until hot.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese, and allow it to melt (microwave another 10-20 seconds if needed).
For the chicken bake:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish and spoon the jalapeno dip on top.
- Bake about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine mozzarella cheese with cracker crumbs.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle the cracker mixture on top of jalapeno artichoke dip.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked.
Looking for more chicken recipes? You may enjoy this hearty Chicken Potato Bake, which is a favorite in my home and perfect for busy weeknights. Or how about a classic Chicken Pot Pie, with a super-easy recipe full of shortcuts that help save time but don’t compromise taste!
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!