These easy Oven Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs are a fantastic weeknight dinner idea. Your family will love the creamy, cheesy jalapeno artichoke dip smothered over boneless chicken thighs and topped with a crispy, buttery cracker topping!
This is the best recipe using jalapeno artichoke dip. It's perfect to use up those leftovers, plus it’s simple to make and ready in 35 minutes - give it a try!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
If you like chicken recipes but you're looking for something a little bit different, you've got to try this artichoke chicken bake! Topped with my delicious Jalapeno Artichoke Dip, this creamy and cheesy dish has just the right amount of heat from the jalapenos, just like these Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits.
Make the dip ahead of time and store in the fridge for even easier prep when it comes time to put this dinner together.
The whole family will love the juicy chicken paired with the flavorful dip and a buttery cracker topping to bring it all together.
And if you love quick and simple chicken recipes, try my Air Fryer Chicken Quarters or my Baked Pesto Chicken.
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- cream cheese - forms the base of the jalapeno artichoke dip.
- sour cream - adds extra creamy tanginess.
- mayonnaise - thickens up the cheesy topping.
- mozzarella cheese - will get nice and melty in the oven.
- Parmesan cheese - mix this into the dip for even more cheesy flavor.
- minced garlic
- artichoke hearts - provide some added nutrition, as well as mild nutty flavor.
- jalapenos - for some heat and additional flavor.
- chicken thighs - I like to use boneless and skinless chicken thighs for this artichoke chicken bake.
- buttery crackers - form a crunchy and buttery topping that elevates this chicken!
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan, garlic, artichokes, jalapenos, and mozzarella cheese in a bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes and stir, then microwave another 2 minutes or until the cheese is all melted.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and buttery cracker crumbs in a bowl.
- Place chicken thighs in a 7x11 baking casserole dish.
- Spoon the jalapeno artichoke dip over the chicken.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the crackers and cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for 5-10 additional minutes, until crackers are golden and cheese is melty.
Yes, you can leave the skin on if you prefer! I like to buy my chicken breasts boneless and skinless to avoid any fuss, but if all you can find is boneless with skin, no need to go to the trouble to remove it.
Allow your chicken to cool, then transfer any leftovers to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Because of all the dairy, I don't recommend freezing your leftovers!
Absolutely, if you prefer lighter meat you can use chicken breasts instead. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time, as lighter meat tends to cook faster since it has lower fat content.
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- If you love the jalapeno artichoke dip on top of this chicken, try it on its own with some chips, crackers, vegetables, or bread!
- For bone-in chicken thighs, add about 10 minutes to the baking time to ensure they cook all the way through.
- Use a digital meat thermometer to check your chicken for doneness when you're not fully sure. You'll want it to come up to at least 165 degrees F.
Making the jalapeno artichoke dip ahead of time is the perfect way to cut down on prep time for these artichoke chicken bake. Just be sure you don't eat it all in the meantime!
- Feel free to switch up the cheese. Cheddar and pepper jack would both be delicious additions or substitutions for the mozzarella.
- For even more nutrition, use additional vegetables like spinach or broccoli.
- If you're not a fan of spicy foods, omit the jalapenos or use less than instructed.
🥗 Suggested Side Dishes
Serve these oven baked boneless chicken thighs with Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, Chipotle Lime Edamame, or a Quinoa Chickpea Salad for a full and healthy dinner!
🍗 More Chicken Recipes You'll Love
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie - This all-time family favorite dinner makes the most delicious and comforting pot pie!
- Chicken Tray Bake with Potatoes - What's better than the combination of chicken and potatoes? A simple but hearty meal, perfect for weeknight dinners.
- Pan Fried Chicken Tenders - In just 20 minutes you can prepare these tenders and skip the drive-thru altogether!
- Easy Chicken Parmesan - This recipe from Once Upon a Chef is easy enough for a weeknight dinner but tastes as good as your favorite restaurant!
Oven Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs Recipe
If you are looking for recipes using jalapeno artichoke dip, you can stop right here! This one will become a family favorite for sure!
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Oven Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs with Jalapeno Artichoke Topping
For the Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (use light or fat-free if desired)
- ½ cup sour cream (use light or fat-free if desired)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (use light or fat-free if desired)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 28 ounces artichoke hearts (2 14 oz cans, drained and roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup jalapeno slices (from a jar, finely chopped)
For the chicken bake:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs*
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 16-20 buttery crackers (like Ritz or Town House), crumbled
For the jalapeno artichoke topping:
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine.8 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 28 ounces artichoke hearts, ¼ cup jalapeno slices, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high, then stir well. Microwave another 2 minutes, or until all the cheese is melted into the mixture.
For the chicken bake:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the chicken in a 7x11 baking dish (or 9x13 works too) and spoon the jalapeno artichoke mixture on top.2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs*
- Bake about 15 minutes. While the chicken is baking, combine mozzarella cheese with cracker crumbs in a medium bowl.½ cup shredded mozzarella, 16-20 buttery crackers
- Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle the cracker mixture on top of jalapeno artichoke topping.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked.
- Note that the jalapeno artichoke topping can be used as a dip, and also can be made in the slow cooker instead of the microwave if you like! Recipe here: https://dizzybusyandhungry.com/guilt-free-jalapeno-artichoke-dip/
- If you use chicken breasts instead of thighs, you may need to increase the baking time up to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the breasts.
- If you use bone-in chicken thighs, add 10 minutes to the initial baking time (25 minutes instead of 15).
- I have used this recipe with up to 2 ½ pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs with no adjustments.
- It's always a good idea to check your chicken for doneness with a digital meat thermometer. Here's my favorite meat thermometer.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in November 2014, but was republished with tips, step by step photos, and a recipe change in February 2022.
Thanks so much for reading! I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
And you might want to check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!
Never thought of adding artichokes and now I'm hooked! So delicious, juicy, and flavorful
Yummm this turned out so good! Thank you for the great recipe
This recipe is absolutely delicious, and so easy to make!
This looks so creamy and delicious!
This recipe is so cheesy, creamy and finger lickin' good. I love using boneless chicken thighs, and this topping takes them to the next level of deliciousness.
This chicken with the artichoke dip sounds fabulous! Love the kick the jalapeños give it.
I used thin sliced chicken breasts from Costco, so it only took 20 min total to cook. I also used preprepared jalapeño artichoke dip, which made this recipe SUPER quick. Yummy!
So glad to hear it! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!